Why isn't my coin tracking miles?

yukionna

I have three coins that I purchased from The Caching Place that don't track miles. I faithfully log coin drops and pick-ups at events but no mileage is showing for these three coins (pocket decoder, frog decoder, lizard decoder). I have another event geocoin from Oak Coins that shows mileage. Can anyone tell me why The Caching Place coins don't show mileage?

Here is a link to one of the coins in question so you can see what I mean: http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1704626

Mine are not they are still floating from Cache to Cache.

Also I noticed my personal Geo-Coin just started not tracking milage either.......

It has all original mileage jsut not any new miles. :rolleyes:

I have three coins that I purchased from The Caching Place that don't track miles. I faithfully log coin drops and pick-ups at events but no mileage is showing for these three coins ........

Is the coin back where it started? At your location?

I have three coins that I purchased from The Caching Place that don't track miles. I faithfully log coin drops and pick-ups at events but no mileage is showing for these three coins ........

Is the coin back where it started? At your location?

Yes. I take these coins with me to events. In between events, I "drop" them at a nearby travel bug hotel so that mileage can be tracked between the hotel and the event. But that step doesn't necessarily need to be done as, at a bare minimum, the coin should at least be showing mileage between events.

And "yes", to a previous poster, who asked if I clicked the "recalculate mileage" button. I have done that multiple times. The "miles traveled" section of the page doesn't appear nor is there a column in the logs which shows mileage traveled. Very weird.

So, does anyone think it is a Groundspeak issue to fix? I'm assuming they moniter these forums and would speak up if they have answers??? I would be happy to work with them to help debug this situation. It seems it is affecting more people than just me.

Hello All,

As I had read multiple topics, and read thread after thread I was getting no answers, I decided to directly contact Groundspeak.

I received an e-mail from them earlier today asking if the problem has been resolved...

I have checked and all my coins that were not tracking and both the mileage and maps are current.

Thank you Groundspeak Team.

:laughing:

Hello All,

As I had read multiple topics, and read thread after thread I was getting no answers, I decided to directly contact Groundspeak.

I received an e-mail from them earlier today asking if the problem has been resolved...

I have checked and all my coins that were not tracking and both the mileage and maps are current.

Thank you Groundspeak Team.

<_<

Thanks for following up on this. I just checked my coins that weren't tracking miles and they are now tracking miles. Woohoo! Thanks!

It seems I'm having this issue now on my Air Force Geocoin. I was doing some back logging (dipping) last night and every drop I entered isn't showing miles. I have tried recalculating without any luck. It's weird because pages 1, 2 and 5 show the miles, but not pages 3 and 4. Do I just need to be patient and let it go a few days?

Edited by Len & Cheri

I am having the same problem....

I received a placed in a Cache notice but when I check no milage...MMMMM...

This is the coin in question:

Queeine's World Travel Coin TB24ANJ

It is being shown in:

My fishin rod and my dog is all I need! GCJJW0

But alas no milage :o

My Dad said this has happened before and Groundspeak fixed it then so here is to hoping they

get wind of the issue.