Emails - Not Getting Them

Nerves

If the PQs are running but you aren't getting the emails, then the problem is likely with your ISP. Many ISPs have been known to throttle emails from Groundspeak even if the emails were coming in fine previously.

If you PQs aren't showing as having been generated yet, then the system might be bogged down. There are a couple of threads about people having problems.

I received 5 PQ's yesterday and can't remember the last time I missed the weekly mailer.

Unforunately the downside of spam blocking is that legitimate email sometimes gets blocked too...more often with some ISP's than others. If you were to look at 100 different ISP's you'd likely find 100 different mixtures of spam blocking measures...

Maybe GC should come up with a page to help with troubleshooting email delivery problems. One would go to the page to request that GC send a test email to their default email address and optionally have that same email Cc'd to an alternate email address. Then if the email didn't get delivered to your ISP but the Cc did get delivered to the alternate address (say a gmail address) then you would know to complain to your ISP and not Groundspeak.

Haven't been getting what emails? You say you're getting the mailers and some PQ's so you are getting some emails...

Some people have reported having success with setting up a gmail address, changing their GC account to send email to that gmail address and then having gmail forward the mail to their ISP.

I got a nasty computer virus at the end of August, and had to save all of my doc's and erase everything on my hard drive and reboot it. Since then (begining of Sept.) I have not recieved my weekly LoBot mailer. I have been recieving all other emails but that one. I just sent in this morning a question about this to groundspeek. So I hope to get any answer soon. But at lease I know that I'm not the only one experienceing this right now! :rolleyes: