Paypal shipping

Eric K

Mods:

I hope this isn't off topic and I didn't want to post in one of the other threads and take them off topic.

I am only looking for facts at this time.

I've been trying to find on paypals page exactly what their terms are for how long a buyer has to ship and how long a buyer has to make a claim.

This is the only information I could find on paypals page:

Question :How long does the seller have to ship my item?

Answer : We encourage sellers to ship items as soon as they receive an order. However, for sellers to be eligible for Seller Protection, we require shipment within 7 days of receiving a payment. Please allow more time for sellers who are shipping internationally. International shipments may be delayed due to customs.

Does this mean a claim could be filed after 7 days? (Do not read into that as I am not suggesting that)

I am trying to find paypals actual policies.

Thanks!

Eric

I found this question and answer:

Does PayPal permit transactions for pre-sale items?

Answer : Pre-sale items are advertised for sale before the seller has the items. Often, these items are sold before they are available to the general public. Or, the seller uses the funds from the sale to purchase the item that has already been sold.

PayPal permits pre-sales on a limited basis, only if the seller guarantees shipment within 20 days from the date of purchase and clearly identifies the item as a pre-sale. PayPal may apply additional conditions, such as proof of the seller's ability to successfully deliver the product: supplier information, purchase invoices, shipping information, or proof of delivery.

Here's your 2nd question:

Step 1 - Identify issue

Most disputes are the result of simple misunderstandings. It’s best to initiate communication with the seller as soon as you recognize a potential problem.

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Center within 45 calendar days of payment. By opening a dispute, you are able to communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you and your seller are unable to agree on a solution, you must escalate the dispute to a PayPal claim within 20 calendar days of the date the dispute was opened. By escalating to a claim, you would be asking PayPal to review the case and decide the outcome.

Mods:

I hope this isn't off topic and I didn't want to post in one of the other threads and take them off topic.

I am only looking for facts at this time.

I've been trying to find on paypals page exactly what their terms are for how long a buyer has to ship and how long a buyer has to make a claim.

This is the only information I could find on paypals page:

Question :How long does the seller have to ship my item?

Answer : We encourage sellers to ship items as soon as they receive an order. However, for sellers to be eligible for Seller Protection, we require shipment within 7 days of receiving a payment. Please allow more time for sellers who are shipping internationally. International shipments may be delayed due to customs.

Does this mean a claim could be filed after 7 days? (Do not read into that as I am not suggesting that)

I am trying to find paypals actual policies.

Thanks!

Eric

Found this, not sure if this is what you are looking for.

I dont think they have a time limit on how long they have to ship, but they do have a 45 day limit when you can submit a protection plan request.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cm...side#pbp-policy

Answer : Pre-sale items are advertised for sale before the seller has the items. Often, these items are sold before they are available to the general public. Or, the seller uses the funds from the sale to purchase the item that has already been sold.

PayPal permits pre-sales on a limited basis, only if the seller guarantees shipment within 20 days from the date of purchase and clearly identifies the item as a pre-sale. PayPal may apply additional conditions, such as proof of the seller's ability to successfully deliver the product: supplier information, purchase invoices, shipping information, or proof of delivery.

So if I am reading this correctly it is saying if I accept payment for a pre-sale I have 20 days as a seller to ship that item according to paypal?

So if I am reading this correctly it is saying if I accept payment for a pre-sale I have 20 days as a seller to ship that item according to paypal?

Absolutely. Failure to adhere this timeframe no matter what terms/conditions you might have on the sale from your website/Ebay sale/pre-sale, etc. can lead to major account issues with Paypal. Provided they find out what you are doing. . . :P

TMA