Not Receiving All PQ Emails

TheWaynesInAZ

I modified a PQ yesterday, selected Thursday for it to run, and never received an email with the results. Modified it again this morning for a Friday run. Still waiting. I only have two PQs requested for today.

The crazy thing is, I created two PQs last night for a Thursday run and received the emails. Tht toatl number of PQs for yesterday was 4.

Any idea what's going on?

I've noticed, from time to time, that the date and time are in a different time zone than I am. For instance, "Server time: Friday, September 26, 2008 8:49:16 AM". On my clock, it's 10:49. I've run a few late at night, clicked them to run the same day, and they either never run or come in my inbox the next day. If I run one at 12:30am on Saturday morning, but it's still Friday on the server, if I check "Friday", it works for the most part. If I check "Saturday", it won't run until two or three hours later at least. That's my experience anyway.

From the Pocket Queries page:

The order they run is based on the last time the query ran last. Priority goes to new queries first, and the others run in the order of the oldest generated. So if you have a query run once a week it will arrive on that day much faster than someone who runs the query every day. It is recommended that you stagger your queries. Or even better, create new queries only when you need them.

It has been my experience that I receive quicker responses if I create a new PQ, so that's what I do. Or I modify an existing query to the extent that it "looks" new. The results you mentioned plus the comments in the other thread lead me to guess that the older queries got caught up in a backlog.

There's a thread over in the website forum:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=204694.

The server time (Seattle) should always be 2 hours earlier than your clock in MN.

edit: ... except BlueDeuce is faster on the submit button ... :(

That thread is about an issue that was apparently specific to yesterday. I have seen this issue repeatedly on other days. Perhaps the advice about simply creating a new PQ instead of editing the previous one is the answer.

That said, this probably belongs in the Website forum.

There's a thread over in the website forum:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=204694.

The server time (Seattle) should always be 2 hours earlier than your clock in MN.

edit: ... except BlueDeuce is faster on the submit button ... B)

That thread is about an issue that was apparently specific to yesterday. I have seen this issue repeatedly on other days. Perhaps the advice about simply creating a new PQ instead of editing the previous one is the answer.

That said, this probably belongs in the Website forum.

I guess if it continues it could be mentioned that it isn't part of no PQs Thursdays. :P