Proximity alarm not sounding (60csx)

trimguy

Just purchased a new 60CSx. I set proximity alarms for several waypoints. On the Proximity Alarms Tones page, I've selected tones in the four spaces provided and checked the Proximity Alarms check box. On the Tones Page, the Mute check box is not checked. Each waypoint has the red circle round it. The alarm will not sound when I enter these areas including passing through the middle of the red circles. I have also tried different radius values but again no alarm sounding. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Are you sure it's not sounding? I know that on my Legend HCx, the proximity alarm is so quiet that I have trouble even hearing it. Once, I had it in a car with a proximity alarm set, and all the stereo and fans off, and I couldn't hear the alarm unless I was looking at the screen and holding the unit fairly close. Maybe yours is going off, and you just aren't hearing it.

I have found that on my HCx only one of the four types of proximity alarm will sound. "leaving" and "approaching" have never worked.

How many different types of Proximity Alarm does an HCx have? My Summit HC only has 2 Proximity Alarms - "Approaching" and "Leaving" - what other types are there?

Unfortunately, Proximity Alarms have never actually worked on the Summit HC at all, until the very recently released Software Version 2.80, whcih has actually got the Proximity Alarms to work.

Maybe there is an issue with certain software versions on the 60 CSx and Vista HCx, and you need the very latest software versions to get Proximity Alarms to work properly on those models as well?

Just a thought.