unwanted pictures

gunnsalut

might also want to blur out the tracking number on the photo you posted for your Canada's Capital Cachers Geocoins. It seems like a silly thing to do, but some people will abuse the system and make false logs, this can get your coins locked by Groundspeak.

I'm not sure that you can delete only the picture, you may need to delete the entire log and send an email explaining why and asking the person to relog it; or ask them to delete the picture. If it's the one I think, I wouldn't be too offended. It was kind of a dumb joke.

Jsut received reply from the guy who has the pic posted inside his log ... he has no idea what I'm talking about ... anyway I did delete the log ...

Now trying to change my user ID for security reasons

Any ideas

Changing your user id will still link to you.

Edited by BlueDeuce

Jsut received reply from the guy who has the pic posted inside his log ... he has no idea what I'm talking about ... anyway I did delete the log ...

Now trying to change my user ID for security reasons

Any ideas

Thanks ... sent msg to request removal ... will see what happens ....

OK ... so now I wish to change my username ... please instruct

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...t&p=3032392

from the FAQ on the getting started forum

See the post by StarBrand for changing a name...

might also want to blur out the tracking number on the photo you posted for your Canada's Capital Cachers Geocoins. It seems like a silly thing to do, but some people will abuse the system and make false logs, this can get your coins locked by Groundspeak.

-//-

use this image for reason stated above. and better hurry.

this title can attract the wrong crowd... I got my attention didnt it...

87f65442677a4a0b847fe5alx2.jpg

w600.png

Edited by Guinness70

You know.

I've seen many bug/coin pages themselves actually post the secret tracking number right on the page. And those coins/bugs are not 'deactivated', aren't the police watching for thin kind of thing LOL?

It's a matter of whether or not the tracking number is being used against guidelines. Then it has to be reported/discovered.

You know.

I've seen many bug/coin pages themselves actually post the secret tracking number right on the page. And those coins/bugs are not 'deactivated', aren't the police watching for thin kind of thing LOL?

It's a matter of whether or not the tracking number is being used against guidelines. Then it has to be reported/discovered.

:( So I just wonder, is it okay then to discover a coin if it is seen on a TB page like this one? I would like to discover it myself with the owner's permission. Not different really than when owners send out "fake" coins with just a picture attached to the tracking number.

-//-

use this image for reason stated above. and better hurry.

this title can attract the wrong crowd... I got my attention didnt it...

87f65442677a4a0b847fe5alx2.jpg

w600.png

That's the one I was looking at. And NO, it's not okay to discover a coin like this because you saw the picture. It's not the same as hiking through the woods, searching for a cache, discovering the TB in a cache and discovering regardless if it's a proxy. THat's a whole 'nother thread though :(

You know.

:( So I just wonder, is it okay then to discover a coin if it is seen on a TB page like this one? I would like to discover it myself with the owner's permission. Not different really than when owners send out "fake" coins with just a picture attached to the tracking number.

Logging a coin you never found? No. Even these 'fake' coins are the real thing out in circulation and are found in caches.

Per Eartha:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=94185

AND THIS MOST IMPORTANT ONE:

If you log a bogus virtual log on a TB, or offer your own TB up for virtual logging you will risk having that TB page locked forever. This means, if you never saw a bug, but got the bug number and you log it, that bug is in risk of being taken out of the game. Don't do this to TB owners who inadvertently might post a photo, or someone else posts a photo, of their TB number. Don't log it virtually. It's considered abuse of the system. And it's not fair play.

Edited by BlueDeuce

So .... yesterday was a long day and I certainly learned alot about the world of caching!

Thanks to all about the image and also the protocol on downloading images with tracking # visible. I'm grateful to Guiness 70 for the newly altered image. I have corrected all coins.

And ... is my face red!

Cheers!

Believe me, I know what you mean about unwanted pictures! Sheesh! Ever since the CIA skunk ops team got hold of that photo of me and Petunia (the hottie nanny goat) a few years ago, they have regularly used it to kinda blackmail me into doing "favors" for them on my overseas trips, else, they claim, they will release the photo to the New York Times, the Washington Post and Adrianna Huffington. AAARRRGGGHH! I hate it!

Oh... wait... on second look, it appears that you were talking about unwanted photos of people caught with geocoins...

nope.... even the CIA doesn't have any photos of me with a geocoin.

At least not yet...

Edited by Vinny & Sue Team