mapsource

iclight0

hi i'm trying to load mapsource and waypoints on my pc but everytime i want to open mapsource it tells me that i need to downloas ntdb data or a problem with mapsource registry and reinstall but i dont know what ntdb data, is and where i can find it. i've delete mapsource and reinstalled it but no help,

Edited by iclight0

hi i've downloaded mapsource and waypoints on my pc but everytime i want to open waypoints it tells me that i need to downloas ntdb data but i dont know what that is and where i can find it. i've delete mapsource and reinstalled it but no help,

ah, DOWNLOADed mapsource? interesting. What product did you download? Topo 2008, City Navigator or the blue charts? I was not aware they allowed downloading because of the copyright issues and the massive amounts of data needed. Did you pay to download? if so you probably should be asking your vendor about this problem instead of this forum.

Jim

sorry i'm just trying to load mapsource that came with my unit, i bought a garmin etrex legend hcx and when i load it on my pc it says either reinstall or ntdb data needs downloaded thanks iclight0

Ah, Got it now. Your missing the data because you have not bought the maps. I think Mapsource can load gpx files and you can then use Mapsource to load them on your etrex. In it's present form Mapsource is of limited value.

You might want to check to see if you also got Waypoint manager, that might be a little better for just transferring waypoints to the etrex.

Jim

Edited by jholly

Yep. And that's exactly what it is. It manages your trips and waypoints. If you purchase maps or get some free custom maps, then you can load them to your GPS unit.

There are no maps on the disk that came with your unit that are able to be loaded to a GPS unit.

If you are getting a registry error, then you need to call Garmin and they will walk you through fixing the bad reference in your Windows Registry. That happens occasionally when MapSource is installed.