so... this is as low as it gets.

Bad_CRC

I'm sitting in a coworker's office and in the garbage, I see a discarded food container that would be just perfect for a cache.

I fetch it out of the trash, and ask if I can have it.

:o:)

very sad. I'm officially hopeless.

Along the lines of my cache that is soon to be published called "My mom's tupperware".... I literally had to run out of her house with it before she tackled me

That IS pretty low, considering that discarded food containers used as caches tend to attract everything from raccoons to bears. Not to be mean or anything, but it's just bad practice.

hehe, was waiting for that one. Thanks for not disappointing and being a downer in my thread. :o

But unless the raccoons can swim, or the bears are anxious to walk a few hundred miles out of their habitat, I think this one will be fine.

That IS pretty low, considering that discarded food containers used as caches tend to attract everything from raccoons to bears. Not to be mean or anything, but it's just bad practice.

hehe, was waiting for that one. Thanks for not disappointing and being a downer in my thread. :o

But unless the raccoons can swim, or the bears are anxious to walk a few hundred miles out of their habitat, I think this one will be fine.

Score 1 for BAD_CRC :):D:D;):mad::mad::mad:

Coons are excellent swimmers. Might want to rethink your plan.

hehe, was waiting for that one. Thanks for not disappointing and being a downer in my thread. :)

And isn't MN bear country? Grizzlies, black bears or both? :o Heck, if I have to be careful about them in New Jersey, I imagine you're practically tripping over them out where the real woods are.

hehe, was waiting for that one. Thanks for not disappointing and being a downer in my thread. :)

This isn't gladware, is it? Having only one downer in your thread is no fun. :o

P1010734.JPG

Edited by Too Tall John

And isn't MN bear country? Grizzlies, black bears or both? :o Heck, if I have to be careful about them in New Jersey, I imagine you're practically tripping over them out where the real woods are.

Don't forget about the Minnesota Spotted Chupacabra......

Edited by trailpuppy

hehe, was waiting for that one. Thanks for not disappointing and being a downer in my thread. :D

Don't forget about the Minnesota Spotted Chupacabra......

I think I had one of those at IHOP once. Pretty tasty. :)

hehe, was waiting for that one. Thanks for not disappointing and being a downer in my thread. :ph34r:

IPB Image

Why did you just send a post to the forum that says only "IPB Image"? It that the new cool?

hehe, was waiting for that one. Thanks for not disappointing and being a downer in my thread. :ph34r:

P1010734.JPG

The white box with a red X will make a cool cache container, but make sure that you hide it where muggles don't go or it will disappeer.

hehe, was waiting for that one. Thanks for not disappointing and being a downer in my thread. :mad:

And isn't MN bear country? Grizzlies, black bears or both? :ph34r: Heck, if I have to be careful about them in New Jersey, I imagine you're practically tripping over them out where the real woods are.

Grizzlies in MN?? That's a good one. More likely to be eaten by a mountain lion, puma, or whatever your favorite cat name is, even down where Bad_CRC lives.

In any event, you ARE hooked and whatever you use for a container I'll come look for it... (but if it's made of glass I'll have to carry it out.)

Arent we trying to go green in todays society. Atleast he is going green and recycling instead of letting plastic go in the garbage. Jeez, why such downers, think of the positives. :ph34r:

Although you might want to put that tupperware container in a bear containter and then put that in concrete so that the animals don't get it, but make sure to put necessary tools in your listing as jackhammer and cemet to fix what you did.

Edited by nameless301

hi, Im Guinness and im a cachoholic

I buy candy if it comes in a zipbag and i spend more time in the tupperware department then my wife.

as for food containers attracking whatever species of living creature : WASH it and spray it with a degreasing chemical, like to degrease tools or chains and leave a smidgen of it in the container... unles its a garage-coon, you'll be fine.

Edited by Guinness70

hi, Im Guinness and im a cachoholic

I buy candy if it comes in a zipbag and i spend more time in the tupperware department then my wife.

as for food containers attracking whatever species of living creature : WASH it and spray it with a degreasing chemical, like to degrease tools or chains and leave a smidgen of it in the container... unles its a garage-coon, you'll be fine.

Whats attracking? who are you attracking?

unless you mean attracting.

It's not all that bad, i use up my mom's plastic pill bottles that she throws away and use them for micros, of course i camo tape them first

My coworkers keep stuffing my mailbox with things they think would make great cache containers too. :) Some, um no - others better than I would have thought of!

Now don't drive by the local recycling center k? They use front end loaders in those places and you maybe hard to spot up to your neck in plastic... :D

Edited by LDove

I have to admit I've done the same thing as the OP. One of my co-workers is a health food nut and gets these excellent screw top plastic jars that container his whey and protein, etc. I asked him if I could have his empties and later, after he went home, I nabbed one out of his trash bin. :D:)

Since then he's given me more containers than I can really use so I give them away in one of my 5 gallon bucket caches.