Signal the frog

burrisn78

Based on my caching experience overall, I'd say an amphibian was a great choice for a logo. The gecko is overexposed, as are cavemen, so a web-footed swamp denizen made sense (notice he's not a bizarrely-colored tree frog, eh?). I figured I'd never feel frog-like caching around Las Vegas on vacation - and then I found flowing water over south of the Red Rock park - perfect for getting your feet wet. Yup - frog is kinda universal. We even have 'em up here in Alaska - despite the deeply cold winters.

I've found several frogs and toads whilst out caching, I even retrieved a cache, put the container down on the ground and the leaves moved, that's right, I'd put it down on a frog!

It may not be the official reason, but they spend all their time in the sorts of places you'd hide a cache. I like Signal!

Just wondering how a frog was determined to be the mascot. I like the Groundspeak logo but not the frog. Surely there could have been a better choice.

I am sorry, but I feel that it is terribly tragic that you cannot accept Signal into your heart as the Groundspeak mascot, and worse that you must taunt us with your horrible opinion! Signal is a wonderful frog, and a wonderful mascot, and her/his tragic history of physical abuse and substance abuse, the fact that one of his major pushers was a Groundspeak reviewer/moderator, and his/her multiple failed rehabs, followed by the rather unexpected gender reassignment operation and her/his appearance on Oprah's show, simply adds to the drama and to the legend that makes Signal what she/he is.

In fact, I am wondering about you... ....very much so. How do I know that you are not a commie plant, or a misinformation agent sent by the Bavarian Illuminati and the Bilderberg Cabal to make us lose faith in Signal? Or an agent of an evil splinter offshoot sect of the Masons, who is now engaged in a conspiracy against Signal? What if your entire geocaching account -- and I note that it has ONLY about 500 finds in its two years of existence -- is a sham to give you a faux platform from which to preach hatred about Signal? I demand that you and your account be investigated by the appropriate authorities, for there is something very fishy about you and your post!

:)

:D

:o

Just wondering how a frog was determined to be the mascot. I like the Groundspeak logo but not the frog. Surely there could have been a better choice.

I am sorry, but I feel that it is terribly tragic that you cannot accept Signal into your heart as the Groundspeak mascot, and worse that you must taunt us with your horrible opinion! Signal is a wonderful frog, and a wonderful mascot, and her/his tragic history of physical abuse and substance abuse, the fact that one of his major pushers was a Groundspeak reviewer/moderator, and his/her multiple failed rehabs, followed by the rather unexpected gender reassignment operation and her/his appearance on Oprah's show, simply adds to the drama and to the legend that makes Signal what she/he is.

In fact, I am wondering about you... ....very much so. How do I know that you are not a commie plant, or a misinformation agent sent by the Bavarian Illuminati and the Bilderberg Cabal to make us lose faith in Signal? Or an agent of an evil splinter offshoot sect of the Masons, who is now engaged in a conspiracy against Signal? What if your entire geocaching account -- and I note that it has ONLY about 500 finds in its two years of existence -- is a sham to give you a faux platform from which to preach hatred about Signal? I demand that you and your account be investigated by the appropriate authorities, for there is something very fishy about you and your post!

ROFL! Did not expect that response! ;) Geesh! I was just curious as to how it got to be the mascot.

Edited by burrisn78

ROFL! Did not expect that response! ;) Geesh! I was just curious as to how it got to be the mascot.

Your response is not entirely unexpected, and it, along with your skilled use of trendy abbreviations such as ROFLOL, is, of course, a typical response for a hired subversive disinformation agent (aka agent provocateur) in the employ of the Bavarian Illuminati, the Bilderberg Cabal and the alien grays, wherein the subversive agent, once outed, attempts to diffuse the matter with humor and a seeming good-natured hail-fellow-well-met response, and all the while his fingers are, at the same time, speed-dialing the number for the secret CIA/Jesuit/Illuminati gray ops office located a thousand feet underground beneath CIA headquarters, seeking to have an uber-assassin dispatched immediately to deal with the problem poster (in this case, myself..) who outed him as an agent provocateur on the forum. sheesh! Why is your behavior sooo predictable? Don't your masters have anything better to do than pick on a poor green frog with a history of mental, emotional and physical problems?

P.S. Let's be real; honest here, shall we? I can almost guarantee that if I could see your originating IP address right now, that is, your true IP address before having been disguised by the CTunnel anonymizer, it would resolve to a block of IP adresses owned by a shadowy CIA front organization called "Marconi North America" and would resolve to a geographic location in McLean, Virginia.

P. P.S. It is also very suspicious that your account had only 7 posts to its name at the start of this thread, yet one more clue that you are a subversive disinformation agent for the Illuminati, trying to discredit Signal for sick reasons (undoubtedly tied in with their New World Order plot for world domination) known only to your shadowy employers!

Edited by Vinny & Sue Team