Jax Florida Cachers Needed!

shadohart

Jacksonville Florida Geocachers!

We are organizing a caching and CITO day for the Beaches Service Unit (Girl Scouts). We are in need of help from other cachers in the area. Most of the girls do not have access to GPS receivers and I only have one.

It is scheduled in early November (with a rain-out date in late November) at a local park. We are expecting between 100 to 200 girls to attend. We are planting caches specifically for this event and staggering the groups as they head out of the base area. There will be tables where we will teach the girls the basics of using the receivers, about muggles, CITO and caring for the environment and the history of caching.

Volunteers are needed assist with the instruction of the troops and to bring receivers so the girls can experience the thrill of tracking down the cache. Some volunteers may be selected to go out with the troops as advisors if the troops run into difficulty finding the caches.

Please contact me at my email address on gmail: shadohart (phrased this way to foil the email skimmers) and let me know you will be able to help us. They are going to learn and it would be great if we taught them proper stealth and caching etiquette.

Thank you!!!!

shadohart

Jacksonville Florida Geocachers!

We are organizing a caching and CITO day for the Beaches Service Unit (Girl Scouts). We are in need of help from other cachers in the area. Most of the girls do not have access to GPS receivers and I only have one.

It is scheduled in early November (with a rain-out date in late November) at a local park. We are expecting between 100 to 200 girls to attend. We are planting caches specifically for this event and staggering the groups as they head out of the base area. There will be tables where we will teach the girls the basics of using the receivers, about muggles, CITO and caring for the environment and the history of caching.

Volunteers are needed assist with the instruction of the troops and to bring receivers so the girls can experience the thrill of tracking down the cache. Some volunteers may be selected to go out with the troops as advisors if the troops run into difficulty finding the caches.

Please contact me at my email address on gmail: shadohart (phrased this way to foil the email skimmers) and let me know you will be able to help us. They are going to learn and it would be great if we taught them proper stealth and caching etiquette.

Thank you!!!!

shadohart

I recommend posting this request on the NEFGA.com forum site as well.