gpx file won't open on pda

fishandgamer

Today I downloaded the gpx exchange files for several cache pages from the gc.com website as usual to my pda (Dell axim x51). Weird thing is that some of them opened up as usual but several others would not open up at all on my pda when I tapped on the file. I am using gpxview on my pda. Does this mean the gpx files that won't open are corrupt somehow? Never had this happen before. This happen to anyone out there and is there a fix?

Do you use gpxview or GPX Viewer? The former is from 2004 and not maintained anymore AFAIK, the latter is quite new and maintained (by me :o ).

If you have problems with GPX Viewer and a specific .gpx file, send it to me and I'll see what I can do. The contact info is in the ReadMe.pdf that comes with the download.

I am using the older gpxview. I will check out gpx viewer and see if I get the same problem with that program. I'll report back later. Thanks.

Hey,,,,, I know this is an old post but I am having the same problem... After I export/save a GPX file from GSAK,,,, it only opens about 1 in 10 times???? on my axim X30.... I have tried making them smaller instead of 500 kb,,,, delete some of the waypoints down to 55kb and still wont open...... I already have your GPX Viewer on my pda????? this has me stumped...... I can send you the GPX file if need be.........

Thanks

Skip

Hey,,,,, I know this is an old post but I am having the same problem... After I export/save a GPX file from GSAK,,,, it only opens about 1 in 10 times???? on my axim X30.... I have tried making them smaller instead of 500 kb,,,, delete some of the waypoints down to 55kb and still wont open...... I already have your GPX Viewer on my pda????? this has me stumped...... I can send you the GPX file if need be.........

Thanks

Skip

I often use gpx files of 3mb and more, but that are always direct downloads of PQs. If you can send me those GPX files (the larger and the smaller one) I can take a look at it. The contact information is in the ReadMe.pdf that is in the download of GPX Viewer.