Enhancement Request - Not At Coordinates

Xitor

Many times before I hike or bike I'll load up my GPS with all the geocaches around the area I'm in. If I'm riding along and see a Geocache come up on my GPS screen I'll detour to find it. Only to get there and find out its not at the coordinates listed.

I know puzzle caches can be really fun some times, but I really wish that when we built pocket queries there was a filter for "not at listed coordinates". This could be a little checkbox that could be added to geocaches, and I think would be up-to-date on all caches in a month or two.

I'm not sure if this type of cache should have their own name, like a "puzzle cache", or just an option that lists them as "not at coordinates listed", but this would be helpful for a lot of people I think.

Thanks!

Edited by Xitor

Many times before I hike or bike I'll load up my GPS with all the geocaches around the area I'm in. If I'm riding along and see a Geocache come up on my GPS screen I'll detour to find it. Only to get there and find out its not at the coordinates listed.

I know puzzle caches can be really fun some times, but I really wish that when we built pocket queries there was a filter for "not at listed coordinates". This could be a little checkbox that could be added to geocaches, and I think would be up-to-date on all caches in a month or two.

I'm not sure if this type of cache should have their own name, like a "puzzle cache", or just an option that lists them as "not at coordinates listed", but this would be helpful for a lot of people I think.

Thanks!

Are you filtering for only traditional caches and finding times that they aren't at the listed coordinates? I'm confused. I can already filter to just those caches that are at the posted coordinates if I want.

For some mystery caches, they may be at the listed coordinates, so for those, I can read the page to find out if there's something to solve to get the coordinates or if it's really there.