Garmin GPS 60 Waypoint upload

MouseZA

Hi,

I have just recently purchaced a Garmin GPS 60 and am having a little issue with it that I hope is not a limitation of the device.

I have created my PB queries no problem and uploaded it to GSAK, once I export this to the MapSource software and try to up load the 80 or so caches the GPS unit comes back and says "waypoint memory full" and only loads 50 caches to the device.

I was under the impression that the GPS 60 is capable of holding up to 500 waypoints

Am I exporting something wrong here??

Hope there is help as im very confused about this :laughing:

Cheers

MouseZA

Hallo MouseZA, did you load anything else to the Waypoints using Mapsource? What about road Safety Data. Do you still have room for the Waypoints?

I would suggest you send the data direct from GSAK to GPS'r and omit Mapsource. In GSAK under "GPS" go to "Send Waypoints" then at the bottom "GPS'r Setup" you will find the default of "Maximum number of Waypoints for GPS'r is 50. Try to change to 100 and give it a go.

Groetnis :laughing:

Thanks for the advice...

But I supose i really should play with the features before asking questions ......

I have just realized that it was displaying "find nearest" which seems to only show the 50 closest.... :laughing:

changing it to seach by name reveals all of the caches uploaded

Dont I feel stupid now :laughing:

Thanks Again

Hallo MouseZA, no, not stupid at all. You did figure that one out yourself, but the message of "Waypoint memory being full" would indicate something else. That you have more than 500 waypoints in the "Favourites" folder.

I suggest that you do some swotting up on using the POI Loader program and then to upload that to the "Extras (Custom) Folder" on the GPS60. It would be able to take more waypoints depending on available memory. Much more info about that available on the Garmap forums - SA based. See you there, my handle the same but without the "W"

:laughing:

Edited by LeonW