GTGF

Colecops

I have a new abbreviation for caches unworthy of a nice log. "NNTS" Nothing Nice To Say. :huh:

Maybe a better way to lead by example would be to say nothing at all regarding your opinion of the quality of the cache. "if you have nothing good to say, say nothing at all"

Been there done that. I lead by example by hiding great caches in great locations. I also take the time to write long logs on nice caches. I even bookmark my favorite cache finds.

I'm still trying to figure out how I can give a gift to the community if I'm ignoring a cache. And does anyone really notice I'm ignoring it? Sort of like if a tree falls in the woods kind of thing.

Well, I notice it, you can be sure. When I'm planning my caching day, I check all the logs of my potential targets to see if you have found them yet. If not, I assume that it's not worth my time, so it doesn't go onto my list. :huh:

WOW, we are so welcoming of new members in this forum. Get a grip and don't be so rude, please.

WOW, get a sense of humor, and don't be so presumptive, please!

I thought it wuz funnier'n hell.

~*

Let me check again...Oh, you're right. It's so funny to say to a new community member "Big deal, we could care less". As far as how funny the picture is anyway...Maybe if it's the first time you've ever heard that sarcastic dismissal...

CMABAAIKYA

(call me a bonehead again and i won't be responsible for my actions.)

Actions such as kickin someone's buttox? :laughing:

To the OP, welcome and while i don't usually care for abbreviations, yours isn't too bad. Hopefully though, it'll be used in addition to your more thoughtful, honest and/or, meaningful log... :laughing:

I have a new abbreviation for caches unworthy of a nice log. "NNTS" Nothing Nice To Say. :ph34r:

me too:

"y"

A "coded" log that i've seen cachers post is, "Thanks for sharing your special spots with me."

I like this one! I recall saying in one log something like: "Gorgeous parking lot. The lines were well defined and straight and I just loved the view of the dumpster".

I have a new abbreviation for caches unworthy of a nice log. "NNTS" Nothing Nice To Say. :ph34r:

Maybe a better way to lead by example would be to say nothing at all regarding your opinion of the quality of the cache. "if you have nothing good to say, say nothing at all"

I agree, if not in practice, at least in theory. I've posted snippy logs for some caches and I just hope the cache owner understands that it was made out of frustration. I certainly have gotten these kind of log entries on my caches. I understand. You spend sometimes an hour or more pursuing a cache, and it turns out as a DNF. Sometimes because of something stupid the cache owner did.

It happens.

We all must remember that nobody is compelled to actually hide caches. They do it to contribute to the sport, and if they didn't, we'd have nothing but benchmarks to go search for.

I have to constantly remind myself that someone took the time to:

1. Research a good location

2. Find a container and camouflage it if needed.

3. Provide a logbook and sometimes a pencil.

4. Actually go hide it and record the location.

5. Submit the hide and wait, sometimes days, for it to be published.

6. Endure snippy log comments, like the kind I have left at times, taking it with a grain of salt.

Bottom line: Cache hiders are the backbone of this sport, and they do it to make the sport better. Apart from their hide total, they usually don't benefit personally from hiding it. In fact, they must maintain it periodically.

icon_hail.gificon_hail.gificon_hail.gifCACHE OWNERS!

Edited by Kohavis

Bottom line: Cache hiders are the backbone of this sport, and they do it to make the sport better. Apart from their hide total, they usually don't benefit personally from hiding it. In fact, they must maintain it periodically.

icon_hail.gificon_hail.gificon_hail.gifCACHE OWNERS!

no, they do it because it pleases them to do it. maybye they just do it because they like to have your adulation.

hey as long as you're down there on your knees, can i leave my drink on you?

OLAFC IWWTNOGB - from the log below, one of my all time favorite logs (on the Easy Series central FL).

"Oh look, a film canister! I wonder what the next one's gonna be? Oh, look, another film canister! I wonder what the next one's gonna be? Oh, look, another film canister! I wonder what the next one's gonna be? Oh, look, another film canister! I wonder what the next one's gonna be? Oh, look, another film canister! I wonder what the next one's gonna be? Oh, look, another film canister! I wonder what the next one's gonna be? Oh, look, another film canister! I wonder what the next one's gonna be? Oh, look, another film canister! I wonder what the next one's gonna be? Oh, look, another film canister! I wonder what the next one's gonna be? Oh, look, another film canister! I wonder what the next one's gonna be? Oh, look, another film canister! I wonder what the next one's gonna be? Oh, look, another film canister! I wonder what the next one's gonna be? Oh, look, another film canister! I wonder what the next one's gonna be? Oh, look, another film canister! I wonder what the next one's gonna be? Oh, look, another film canister! I wonder what the next one's gonna be? Oh, look, another film canister! I wonder what the next one's gonna be? Oh, look, another film canister! I wonder what the next one's gonna be? Oh, look, another film canister! I wonder what the next one's gonna be? Oh, look, another film canister! I wonder what the next one's gonna be? Oh, look, another film canister! I wonder what the next one's gonna be? Oh, look, another film canister! I wonder what the next one's gonna be? Oh, look, another film canister! I wonder what the next one's gonna be? Oh, look, another film canister! I wonder what the next one's gonna be? Oh, look, another film canister! I wonder what the next one's gonna be? Oh, look, another film canister! I wonder what the next one's gonna be? Oh, look, another film canister! I wonder what the next one's gonna be? Oh, look, another film canister! I wonder what the next one's gonna be? Oh, look, another film canister! I wonder what the next one's gonna be? Oh, look, another film canister! I wonder what the next one's gonna be? Oh, look, another film canister! I wonder what the next one's gonna be? Oh, look, another film canister! I wonder what the next one's gonna be? Oh, look, another film canister! I wonder what the next one's gonna be? Oh, look, another film canister! I wonder what the next one's gonna be? Oh, look, another film canister!I wonder what the next one's gonna be? Oh, look, another film canister!I wonder what the next one's gonna be? Oh, look, another film canister! That's all, folks.

I always try to be reasonably polite in my logs and try not to offend anyone :ph34r:

Good approach.

What Momma used to say still applies to us, and to cache logs: "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

Of course there was always the guy who thought he was being nice when he referred to the new girl in class and said "She's got the purtiest buck teeth you ever seen."

He's probably the one who writes logs such as "This 'un wasn't neat as bad as your last hide. You're shore gittin' better at this.".

I always try to be reasonably polite in my logs and try not to offend anyone :)

Good approach.

What Momma used to say still applies to us, and to cache logs: "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

Of course there was always the guy who thought he was being nice when he referred to the new girl in class and said "She's got the purtiest buck teeth you ever seen."

He's probably the one who writes logs such as "This 'un wasn't neat as bad as your last hide. You're shore gittin' better at this.".

Which is followed by "Bless your heart!"

Hello All,

I will now be using the abbreviation GTGF on logs. I am using this for GOOD TIMES GOOD FINDS!

Just wanted to let everyone know.

Colecops

I have a new abbreviation for caches unworthy of a nice log. "NNTS" Nothing Nice To Say. :laughing:

Very nice abreviations! Perhaps you should contact some of the glossary and abreviation 'keepers' so that they can add this! Good Work!