How do I turn off these lines in 60CSx?

formula1

My 60CSx sat for about 10 days and the batteries ran down. When I swapped out the batteries and turned it back on, the map display shows a line going from the Garmin headquarters in the middle of the US to my current location, and another line running from my last known location when I was geocaching, to my current location. I went to the Track Log in the Menu and cleared it all but when I go to the map it still shows these two purple lines plus the tracks I went on while geocaching. How do I clear out these track lines?

I tried all those things and it still stays there....is there a way to clear all of the memory out completely?

A hard reset will restore all settings back to the factory defaults. It will also get rid of all your waypoints, tracks, and routes (everything in the units internal memory); back them up on your computer first, if you don't want to loose them. The hard reset will not affect anything on the memory card.

I don't know if the Kansas waypoint was or was not there although I suspect it was...the thing is, I cannot get rid of the track point line from the Kansas point to my GPS nor can I get rid of any of the tracks right now...and to top it off they are in bold purple color that looks like the Navigate To line. I've tried to Stop Navigate but that is greyed out so apparently that's not what the unit is trying to do...