Just ordered a Garmin.......

Barneysmom

Good decision....Have fun and learn everything you can about everything you have....Happy Trails...Keep it simple.

Thanks Wild Thing 73, I will probably have to ask for advice, but then when I know stuff I can maybe help other folk who are starting up.

I'm getting too excited waiting for it to come, and won't have a clue what to do when it does arrives :huh:

Hi, Barneysmom this is the gps I finally went with GARMIN ETREX VISTA HCX GPS NAVIGATOR I have to wait a week for it to come through the store though. The waiting is the hard part. I been waiting all summer. I only just been able to save enough. I couldn't make my mind up for the longest time there is just way too many to choose from with a limited budget. I also went on ebay and bought some coins to get going so that I have some to trade with. Hope that helps...

Hi zinnia123, I'm just waitng for mine to come too :mad:

I wanted a new carpet by Christmas but am having this instead - ho hum :ph34r:

I'll have a look on EBay for coins but not sure the point of them yet, haven't looked into them at all, been busy looking at about a zillion Garmins. Thanks!

Don't suppose you're local to me Stoke on Trent?

Don't suppose you're local to me Stoke on Trent?

No Iam in South Vancouver Island , Bc without giving too much away. :ph34r: I would love to go to the uk one day. Bet there would be some awsome caching there... :mad:

I am surprised at how many caches are just in this area alone with out having to out of town but for now I will stick to the local ones with one stars and it the terrain isn't to difficult I may pass them up I have some limited abilities in getting around rough terrain. So I am starting slow and the doing the park and go for now. The coins are tackables you can track on line some how with the number and see where it goes. I think thats the coolest thing to see where your coin or tags go. Iam trying to get more information on that. :mad:

HIya, the Garmin arrived yesterday evening so I'll be practising this weekend :unsure:

I've had to order a serial-usb cable before I can link up, so have to wait for that to come now.

Meantime, I have to get my head round the instructions and learn how to input. Exciting!!! :lol:

zinnia123, you couldn't be much further away lol., take care mate.

Hi zac, thanks. :ph34r:

HIya, the Garmin arrived yesterday evening so I'll be practising this weekend :unsure:

I've had to order a serial-usb cable before I can link up, so have to wait for that to come now.

Meantime, I have to get my head round the instructions and learn how to input. Exciting!!! :lol:

zinnia123, you couldn't be much further away lol., take care mate.

Hi zac, thanks. :ph34r:

I know its too bad than iam not in the uk. Glad to hear you go it yea. I have to wait till tomorrow. Hope hope it comes... let us know how you are doing with your finds! Edited by zinnia123

My GPS has been delayed for another week. :P Aparently they never put my order in. I had hoped to find some caches this weekend. So disapointed. I am waiting because it has everything that i am looking for. No one else has it and this is the only store I can order it from...I really hate all this waiting. And I hope I can operate it when it comes. Cheers. B) hope yours is working great. TTFN>>>