Dropping Geocoins/TBs in Your Own Cache(s)

bluepigninjas

I guess this is an etiquette question:

I work about an hour away from where I live, and I recently cached at lunchtime and picked up a travelbug and since the "mission" was just to travel around, I brought it about 45miles SW and dropped it off at a cache I own near my house.

Just picked up a Geocoin - thinking about doing the same thing since dropping off in my cache will also further its mission.

Any etiquette "rules" against dropping GC/TBs in your own cache(s) if it is furthering the GC/TB mission? (Other than it's not very exciting to do it all the time).

Thanks!

BPN :D

I own several TB Hotels and frequent them all the time. Just remember to use "Write Note" when you log it. If you ever see logs that say TB Drop, that is how it they do it.

Not an issue at all.

-HHH :anibad:

I'm going to nit-pic here a little. I like the wording on your hotel/motel caches except for the one that says 'Please trade coins even up or better when possible.'

Reference: leave/take

Edited by BlueDeuce

It seems like most everyone so far thinks that what you are doing is fine. I usually place travel bugs and geocoins in my cache's since they are planted near my house and commute. I usually leave a note and add in my description "TB Drop" or "Coin Drop". I want to attrack more to my area....there is one cache that many people really enjoy once they are here.

I own several TB Hotels and frequent them all the time. Just remember to use "Write Note" when you log it. If you ever see logs that say TB Drop, that is how it they do it.

Not an issue at all.

-HHH :)

I'm going to nit-pic here a little. I like the wording on your hotel/motel caches except for the one that says 'Please trade coins even up or better when possible.'

Reference: leave/take

You know you were correct. A miss typing on my part the content has been corrected. Geocoins and travellers can be traded anyway our cachers would like. My intent was to keep the swag on a higher par by asking people to trade up. Had great success with that so far.

Thanks for the comment.

-HHH :D

Edited by Headhardhat

I do this to but I also dip My own T.B.s in my home cache as a starting point when I'm going out of town then drop them when I get where I'm going.

Is this also ok?

Eh, well...you should only log bugs through caches they have actually visited otherwise it's virtual logging. If you choose to log with a wink and a nod, I guess that's up to you.

Start abusing the system and you will see bugs get locked down. At least that's my understanding.

Edited by BlueDeuce