TB Retrieve or Grab?

Team Kay

Hi, I'm new to geocaching and today found my first TB. I physically took the TB from the cache to place in another cache.

Have I retrieved or grabbed the TB? I have entered that I have retreived it but I'm afraid that the explanation of 'retrieving' and 'grabbing' on the geocache.com site is as clear as mud to me.

Could one of you geocaching gurus please explain the differences to me. Thanks in advance.

Both Retrieve and Grab do the same thing so it really doesn't matter which one you pick. Normally you would Retrieve a bug from a Cache and use the Grab option when the bug is listed as being held by another cacher. There is no Retrieve option when it's being held.

Thanks BlueDeuce, just one last question though - under what circumstances would one want to grab a TB when it is listed as being held by another cacher?

Both Retrieve and Grab do the same thing so it really doesn't matter which one you pick. Normally you would Retrieve a bug from a Cache and use the Grab option when the bug is listed as being held by another cacher. There is no Retrieve option when it's being held.

Thanks BlueDeuce, just one last question though - under what circumstances would one want to grab a TB when it is listed as being held by another cacher?

If the other cacher fails to log that they have placed the TB into the cache that you found it in, you would need to Grab it before you could log that you Placed it into a cache.

However (there's always a However), you should allow the other cacher time to log it before you Grab it.

If the other cacher fails to log that they have placed the TB into the cache that you found it in, you would need to Grab it before you could log that you Placed it into a cache.

However (there's always a However), you should allow the other cacher time to log it before you Grab it.

Yep, or perhaps someone handed you a bug. I work with another cacher and on occasion we trade TBs this way.

Yep, or perhaps someone handed you a bug. I work with another cacher and on occasion we trade TBs this way.

OK, all is clear now. thanks for your patience guys.

OK, all is clear now. thanks for your patience guys.

We still contend that you trade like for like. It is more fair that waY to the "bug" originators.

Monterry