leave/take

pittrfc

do you need to leave something in a cache if you take a travel bug? I found a couple bugs today but didn't have anything to leave. I will be relocating them soon though. I thought it was more important to move a bug than to take/leave equal behind. Now that I have a bug though, if i find another one when i drop this one off, i'll make the equal switch. any thoughts?

do you need to leave something in a cache if you take a travel bug? I found a couple bugs today but didn't have anything to leave. I will be relocating them soon though. I thought it was more important to move a bug than to take/leave equal behind. Now that I have a bug though, if i find another one when i drop this one off, i'll make the equal switch. any thoughts?

We feel you should leave as good as you take. TB, coin or whatever. TBs are made for the purpose of trading and to follow through its paces. Our thought is you leave as good as you take or at least that is how we play the game..... could be wrong, just our thought. :anibad:

We feel you should leave as good as you take. TB, coin or whatever. TBs are made for the purpose of trading and to follow through its paces. Our thought is you leave as good as you take or at least that is how we play the game..... could be wrong, just our thought. :anibad:

Travel Bugs are NOT made for the purpose of trading!

TB stands for TRAVEL Bug, not Trading bug. If you impose the restriction that you must trade a bug for a bug, many people will not move a bug along because they do not have one to trade for it. This restricts the TRAVEL of the bug, and is contrary to its intent.

See HOW TO LOG A TRAVELBUG OR GEOCOIN pinned at the top of this forum.

-//- TBs are made for the purpose of trading and to follow through its paces. Our thought is you leave as good as you take or at least that is how we play the game..... could be wrong, just our thought. :(

to travel not trade, same goes (initially) for geocoins

no?

Geocoins can be trade items or travelers. Treat the travelers like TB's and treat the swag like swag.

If I can't tell which a coin is I'll just take the coin. If it turns out to be a TB, great, I can move it on. If it was swag...I'm down a trade. I can leave that coin in another cache or drop a different coin as swag and cosmic balance is maintained even if I have temporarlly upset the cache balance.