Palm E2 SD Card & Isilo use for geocaching

BaldEd

I am shortly going overseas and have a number of fairly large databases of caches which I want to install in the Palm.

I use Isilo as an HTML reader and would like to hear from others using external memory with same or different Palm models. I don't have enough internal memory left to load the databases, but do have an unused 256MB SD card available. I am not familiar with the use of external memory in the Palm - I have never used it.

The questions I would like answered are:

1. Are programs loaded to the card selectable from the device's Main Menu?

2. Is it possible to retain the Isilo program in internal memory and send and keep the databases on the card, or do they all have to be in the one place?

Any help or advice would be gratefully appreciated.

I am shortly going overseas and have a number of fairly large databases of caches which I want to install in the Palm.

I use Isilo as an HTML reader and would like to hear from others using external memory with same or different Palm models. I don't have enough internal memory left to load the databases, but do have an unused 256MB SD card available. I am not familiar with the use of external memory in the Palm - I have never used it.

The questions I would like answered are:

1. Are programs loaded to the card selectable from the device's Main Menu?

2. Is it possible to retain the Isilo program in internal memory and send and keep the databases on the card, or do they all have to be in the one place?

Any help or advice would be gratefully appreciated.

I am not familiar with Isilo, but I have found that the software will let you know when you try to put it in Palm Desktop. If it can work either way it will allow you to go to either internal memory or the memory card. If it will only work with internal memory it won't let you load to the card. Try the card, what can it hurt?