MapSend TOPO 3D USA problem

Starruby

Hi, I recently picked up a copy of Mapsend TOPO 3D USA on 3 CDS (Version 1.00). The product was new, bundled with bargain eXplorists on eBay. I have been unable to install the software. It stalls about halfway through CD2 and doesn't go any further. Unfortunately there is a small but relatively deep scratch on the CD.

I would love to be able to use it in the US one day :laughing:

I contacted the wonderful :lol: Magellan support, but they have no copies nor support this legacy product, and suggest I try installing on a different computer. Tried on three, now seek your help:

Could anyone help me with a copy of CD2. I know that the software requires CD3 to be in the drive in order to run the software, but perhaps I will be able to install in the first instance using a diskcopy of an original CD2?

Hope somebody can help...

Regards, Sean

Hi, I recently picked up a copy of Mapsend TOPO 3D USA on 3 CDS (Version 1.00). The product was new, bundled with bargain eXplorists on eBay. I have been unable to install the software. It stalls about halfway through CD2 and doesn't go any further. Unfortunately there is a small but relatively deep scratch on the CD.

I would love to be able to use it in the US one day :laughing:

I contacted the wonderful :lol: Magellan support, but they have no copies nor support this legacy product, and suggest I try installing on a different computer. Tried on three, now seek your help:

Could anyone help me with a copy of CD2. I know that the software requires CD3 to be in the drive in order to run the software, but perhaps I will be able to install in the first instance using a diskcopy of an original CD2?

Hope somebody can help...

Regards, Sean

The scratch is refracting the laser away from the data. I would go to your local CD or PC store and see about buying one of those CD repair kits. CD Doctor also comes to mind.

The scratch is refracting the laser away from the data. I would go to your local CD or PC store and see about buying one of those CD repair kits. CD Doctor also comes to mind.

Well, I've tried to repair the disk with no success. B) No further reply from Magellan :P

Can anyone help me with a diskcopy of CD2?

I don't think copyright should be an issue:

1. I own a legitimate copy

2. I've sought help from the owners of the software - no luck there

If someone is prepared to mail me a copy of CD2 to Australia, or alternatively, if you were prepared to upload an ISO image for a brief time so I can download and burn it, please PM me. It would be most appreciated.

Regards, Sean

Edited by Starruby

Interesting problem.

The request violates the fine print of the product license agreement. And perhaps the letter of the law.

BUT -- suppose the OP sent me a photo of his 3 disk set with packaging. That would prove legit ownership of the product to my satisfaction. I could then help him out without violating the INTENT of the license agreement.

He'd have a usable product; one replacement CD of the set would not spread illegitimate copies; and the company owning the intellectual property would not suffer a loss.

Any other armchair lawyers wish to comment?

Interesting problem.

The request violates the fine print of the product license agreement. And perhaps the letter of the law.

BUT -- suppose the OP sent me a photo of his 3 disk set with packaging. That would prove legit ownership of the product to my satisfaction. I could then help him out without violating the INTENT of the license agreement.

He'd have a usable product; one replacement CD of the set would not spread illegitimate copies; and the company owning the intellectual property would not suffer a loss.

Any other armchair lawyers wish to comment?

your a good man lee. follow his advice terry