free geocoin

Geo.Error

I received an envelope today from NDSU... and it was empty :) .. the side of the envelope had been cut open and the coin was missing...how sad is that!

Hope this doesn't happen to anyone else!!

yes this is sad..please contact amy and tell her maybe she send a other coin to you.

My friend has send me a coin and the envelop was also open and the coin lost ;)

Sad it is when this happen B)

This happens a lot, a while back there were threads about how to package coins so this wouldn't happen. It is now part of the pinned information thread at the top of these forums. People added more helpful information, like don't let the tape touch the coin, it can ruin the finish, and more. It's very useful. Sorry about your lost coin, I suggest you call the post off where it originated, and see if anyone found it. This is what your mail goes through at the post office, so package carefully!

I received an envelope today from NDSU... and it was empty :) .. the side of the envelope had been cut open and the coin was missing...how sad is that!

Hope this doesn't happen to anyone else!!

yes this is sad..please contact amy and tell her maybe she send a other coin to you.

My friend has send me a coin and the envelop was also open and the coin lost ;)

Sad it is when this happen B)

Hooray - my Map@Syst coin arrived this morning, it must be the second one as it was post marked Nov 18th, I think quite a few got chewed up in the mail system :laughing:

Having waited for a long time for this to arrive I emailed Amy who confirmed that one had been sent out some time ago, which never arrived, thankfully she still had one to send me.

Now we have lots of snow and more snow forecast, but I know a place I can get to fairly easily to release it.

Many thanks to the eXtension organisation for choosing to spread the word about their work through Geocoins. I hope all of their coins travel well.

our to be released coin hasnt arrived yet.

perhaps they used landmail? that will arrive in 2009 then

Guinness70 i know one thing the mail is fast, our slow or the mail is gone :anicute:

Let's hope the mail is slow by you. :shocked:

i set the Map@syst coin free in belgium the coin maybe the cache is nearby you :D

Sorry but i have seen that a coin after 4 months arrived :D

Just an FYI mine arrived today in the mail! Sweet lookin coin, especially for the price!

I had emailed Amy on Oct 29th, to see if it had shipped yet and she stated that they were behind in the mailings, and she was sure it would come. And it did!! Thanks to the forum for the tip!!!

Emailed Amy today, I am hoping that there is still one left. I looked at the page they link to for these coins and several are being held as collectibles. This is a research project, they need to be released. That was the agreement when you got the coin. So coin hoarders please let those coins travel as they are meant to!