Found a cache. Not listed on geocaching.com.

Tilly & Billy

That about says it all. Found what looked to be a relatively new cache in an ammo can located along the Eagle Mountain hiking trail in the Boundary Waters area of Minnesota. Don't see it here on geocaching.com. There were entries only several days old in the log. Does this happen sometimes? Is there another org that registers caches? I've searched with Google maps, coords, zip code, keyword, etc. Nothing pops.

I think that there might be two AMIATs in the same tree for the first stage of my multi - I had a couple of DNFs over the summer, so I had someone replace it for me - I went to check on it the other day, and I found mine! Couldn't find the other one (not that I looked terribly hard)

Oh, well - two that say the same thing inside aren't hurting anything I guess...

EDIT - Misread the quote I had in here...

Edited by Taoiseach

That about says it all. Found what looked to be a relatively new cache in an ammo can located along the Eagle Mountain hiking trail in the Boundary Waters area of Minnesota. Don't see it here on geocaching.com. There were entries only several days old in the log. Does this happen sometimes? Is there another org that registers caches? I've searched with Google maps, coords, zip code, keyword, etc. Nothing pops.

There are no Terracaches along the U.S./Canadian border in Minnesota. Closest is a virtual, around Hibbing, Minn. An ammo can letterbox would be extremely rare, but I'm leaning that way.

Oh, you're right, if you just Google "geocaching" you'd be hard pressed to come up with the other sites. In North America, there are only really three other ones. Terracaching.com, Navicache.com, and GPSgames.org.

When I was hiding one of my earlier caches, I located a camo painted plastic jar full of decent swag, an empty logbook and a dollar bill, which is a common FTF prize around here. The camo showed signs of aging, and the swag had some mold on it, indicating it had been around for a long time. It was about 20' from my container. I signed the log as FTF, took the dollar, and hoofed my can back out, thinking someone must've beat me to the spot.

I checked the big three, GC, TC & NC, with no luck. There was no stash note in the cache, nor was there any indication of the hider or cache name. I contacted my reviewer, who told me there was no GC at that spot awaiting publishing. I waited a few weeks, but still there was nothing. I finally decided that this cache must've been hidded somewhere up stream, and it floated there during a past flood before anyone had a chance to find it at its original spot. As such, I returned my cache.

It might be a puzzle cache ?

Another idea since Boy Scouts use the Boundry Waters area extensively, I wonder if it's a private cache placed by a Boy Scout Council.

Another excellent idea. I'll never forget the time one of these threads (and there have been dozens) where the cache turned out to be a private cache placed by a Canadian Country Western band, with the coords only available by buying one of their CD's. :lol: