Travel bug decal on car

jack frost

I just put a TB decal sticker on my car, how will I know when someone logs it???? Will I get an email ... or do I have to put it on my watchlist??? If it's a watchlist, how do I put it on the list?????

Would you post a link to where you bought it from? I've been looking to do the same thing. I have a set of tags coming so I'm looking for a place that will let me supply the tracking numbers.

Thanks!

It's a no-no to post the commercial links to the vendors offering the "travel bug car sticker". If you put that phrase into your favorite search engine, you'll probably find some people selling them.

It's only a no no if they didn't obtain Groundspeak's permission first. Advertising without permission on someone's website is known as "theft of services".

It's a no-no to post the commercial links to the vendors offering the "travel bug car sticker". If you put that phrase into your favorite search engine, you'll probably find some people selling them.

Nonsense! I'm sure I followed an advertising link on a geocaching.com sidebar to one of the vendors that let you provide the tags. Yes I have found some. They all seem to provide the tags with purchase of the stickers. Maybe I'll just make my own stickers.

I've seen the magnetic one's also but I'm afraid someone would walk off with it. I don't want to take it off and put it back on for events. I want it on full time.

Nonsense! I'm sure I followed an advertising link on a geocaching.com sidebar to one of the vendors that let you provide the tags. Yes I have found some. They all seem to provide the tags with purchase of the stickers. Maybe I'll just make my own stickers.

I've seen the magnetic one's also but I'm afraid someone would walk off with it. I don't want to take it off and put it back on for events. I want it on full time.

No, we're not allowed to post commercial links here in the TB forum.

I'm sure you're letting this drift off-topic but...Read guideline #8 carefully.

"8. Commerciality and postings with a larger agenda: It is Groundspeak's desire to maintain forums for the purpose of promoting the activity of geocaching and GPS usage. As a result, we intend to limit forum discussions that promote a commercial, social, political or charitable agenda insofar as the agenda does not reasonably relate to the activity of geocaching and GPS usage. Therefore, threads or posts perceived to have been made with the intent of promoting any of the above agendas will not be permitted. Please note that our Volunteer Forum Moderators are authorized to exercise their discretion in providing some reasonable latitude for forum discussion postings relating to local events and issues in local discussion forums. Notwithstanding the above, Groundspeak reserves the right to include or permit the inclusion of limited commercial content in this forum, in its sole discretion."

So if the link pertains to a licensed vendor of Travel Bug Stickers It should be allowed at Groundspeaks discretion. If there is another guidline I missed PM me instead of posting it in this topic please.

"8. Commerciality and postings with a larger agenda: It is Groundspeak's desire to maintain forums for the purpose of promoting the activity of geocaching and GPS usage. As a result, we intend to limit forum discussions that promote a commercial, social, political or charitable agenda insofar as the agenda does not reasonably relate to the activity of geocaching and GPS usage. Therefore, threads or posts perceived to have been made with the intent of promoting any of the above agendas will not be permitted. Please note that our Volunteer Forum Moderators are authorized to exercise their discretion in providing some reasonable latitude for forum discussion postings relating to local events and issues in local discussion forums. Notwithstanding the above, Groundspeak reserves the right to include or permit the inclusion of limited commercial content in this forum, in its sole discretion."

So if the link pertains to a licensed vendor of Travel Bug Stickers It should be allowed at Groundspeaks discretion. If there is another guidline I missed PM me instead of posting it in this topic please.

We don't post commercial links in these travel bug forums without prior permission from Groundspeak. If you are the vendor, doing so without getting permission is considered theft of services. There was one person who, at one time, had permission and it was removed. The TB forums are not for commercial purposes. They are for the purpose of discussing Travel Bugs and their travels. Google is your friend if you are looking for this item. Or, simple go have your own made, you have to get a TB tag with it anyway, make your own, in your own style. Just don't make them to sell without Groundspeak's permission, and without reading the logo usage guidelines.

I usually just let the forum Mod explain it. :)

Edited by BlueDeuce

We don't post commercial links in these travel bug forums without prior permission from Groundspeak. If you are the vendor, doing so without getting permission is considered theft of services. There was one person who, at one time, had permission and it was removed. The TB forums are not for commercial purposes. They are for the purpose of discussing Travel Bugs and their travels. Google is your friend if you are looking for this item. Or, simple go have your own made, you have to get a TB tag with it anyway, make your own, in your own style. Just don't make them to sell without Groundspeak's permission, and without reading the logo usage guidelines.

Thank you for your clarification. As previously stated I had used a popular search engine that shall remain nameless to find them. Most provide the tags as part of the deal.

So I'll try this again. If anyone knows who makes these stickers where the purchaser provides the tags, please contact me by e-mail so as not to upset the proverbial apple cart. :D

You can find those car TB stickers on that big auction website with 4 letters all in primary colors. OK, did I manage to give you where it is without posting a commercial link? :D

Joking aside, I've seen them there and have been tempted to buy one myself. Anyone here have one and has your TB been found??? I just don't want anyone to try to grab my car and stick it into some ammo can way out in the woods!!!

Deb

You can find those car TB stickers on that big auction website with 4 letters all in primary colors. OK, did I manage to give you where it is without posting a commercial link? :D

Joking aside, I've seen them there and have been tempted to buy one myself. Anyone here have one and has your TB been found??? I just don't want anyone to try to grab my car and stick it into some ammo can way out in the woods!!!

Deb

Mine's been on the truck for about 3-1/2 weeks and not yet discovered. It's in the shop today, we'll see if any of the auto technicians are cachers. :grin:

No, you cannot release more than one bug with the same tracking number.

If one day you decide to quit using the number for your vehicle you can use a tag to release it into the wild. Some people use the number as a car/personal TB combo, such as keeping it on their carkeys. That way you could log it through caches you have visited.

Having the number on your car and having a TB with the same number floating around the country is a no-no.