2008 Geocache America! Geocoins

YemonYime

The theme of this year's Geocache America! geocoins is "Freedom To Explore", and they're now available for presale at CoinsAndPins.com. I'm very happy with how sharp these antiques turned out, so big kudos to the mint on this one!

I'd been kicking around some sketches of this really cool tribal eagle for a long time, and I'm glad I finally got the opportunity to feature it on a geocoin. But, I'm not sure whether that's more of an honor than one of my buddies wanting it tattooed on his shoulder! On the back, the 3D sculpting of Lewis & Clark, with Sacagawea and child turned out really amazing. It's a combination of two beautiful statues placed in honor of these brave explorers. We also managed to work the theme of the coin into the trackable statement "Discover at Geocaching.com".

All in all, this coin turned out better than I imagined. Here are some pictures, and direct links...

Thanks for looking!

Yime

Will there be a solid silver offering of this specimen as years past?

No silver coins this year, but HEY, let's have a cointest in which people suggest the reason why!

I'll pick the winner based on just how funny and/or ridiculous the answer is. The winner will receive one special limited GCF version of the 2008 Geocache America! coin (Only 100 made). I'll give the cointest until Saturday midnight (EDT), and announce the winner on Sunday (10/21).

Here's an example:

I decided against making Solid Silver 2008 Geocache America! Geocoins because:

Silver isn't as "hip" ever since Michael Phelps won 8 gold metals.

or

My town's mayor banned silver! Which is a conflict of interest, because he's really a werewolf.

Have fun!

Dave (Yime)

Will there be a solid silver offering of this specimen as years past?

No silver coins this year, but HEY, let's have a cointest in which people suggest the reason why!

I'll pick the winner based on just how funny and/or ridiculous the answer is. The winner will receive one special limited GCF version of the 2008 Geocache America! coin (Only 100 made). I'll give the cointest until Saturday midnight (EDT), and announce the winner on Sunday (10/21).

Here's an example:

I decided against making Solid Silver 2008 Geocache America! Geocoins because:

Silver isn't as "hip" ever since Michael Phelps won 8 gold metals.

or

My town's mayor banned silver! Which is a conflict of interest, because he's really a werewolf.

Have fun!

Dave (Yime)

The silver would clash with all your Gold Bling that you wear.

There was originally a silver coin made, but plans changed, and you melted them all down. You needed the silver to complete your army of robotic kittens. They look and act just like the real thing, patiently waiting until it is time. Once they have been placed into the homes of geocachers around the world, you will activate them. They will then set out to complete their mission of stealing all the world's geocoins, and bring them back to you.

Now if only someone could create an army of robotic puppies in order to stop your fiendish plan...

Edited by xboxcrazy33

Alien Warlords from the far far away galaxy of Citrus Amungus used a special citrusy navigational coin to come to Earth and they teleported all the silver back to their planet where they needed it to make more inter-galactic warships to take over everything............everywhere..................muahahaha.......................................... :):D

There was originally a silver coin made, but plans changed, and you melted them all down. You needed the silver to complete your army of robotic kittens. They look and act just like the real thing, patiently waiting until it is time. Once they have been placed into the homes of geocachers around the world, you will activate them. They will then set out to complete their mission of stealing all the world's geocoins, and bring them back to you.

Now if only someone could create an army of robotic puppies in order to stop your fiendish plan...

I always enjoy the deliciously insane. Congrats to you, xboxcrazy33! The coins are not yet in, but I'll be in touch with you for address information.

Thanks everyone!

I always enjoy the deliciously insane. Congrats to you, xboxcrazy33! The coins are not yet in, but I'll be in touch with you for address information.

Thanks everyone!

Woohoo! Thanks so much for the fun cointest YemonYime! Lucky for me my mind wanders and bizarre thoughts pop into my head. :laughing: I'll keep an eye on my inbox. Thanks again!

I followed the link.

But got an error in sql or??something.

Am I to late to order these?

Heya GEO-T! Yeah, unfortunately C&P is sold out of the Ant. Silver and Ant. Bronze. And just like the Yimes sold on their site, I don't have any of those versions available for sale or trade. But I do have some of the GCF version Antique Coppers remaining if you're interested in a trade? Let me know. :unsure:

I followed the link.

Heya GEO-T! Yeah, unfortunately C&P is sold out of the Ant. Silver and Ant. Bronze. And just like the Yimes sold on their site, I don't have any of those versions available for sale or trade. But I do have some of the GCF version Antique Coppers remaining if you're interested in a trade? Let me know. :unsure:

I bought the GCF version, it's very nice indeed! The copper really make's this coin stunningly beautiful! Well done Yimester!

I followed the link.

What could I possibly trade you?

I had a duh moment and went back to check and seen that they were up with the others somehow I just missed that one.