Help with Oregon 300

cache return

I just got the Oregon 300 yesterday. One reason I bought it because of its "geocaching freindly" feature. I downloaded the latest Garmin communicator and Garmins website states it is communicating fine. When im on the geocaching website and am trying to transfer a cache to the GPS I click "transfer to GPS" it shows me that Oregon 300 is found, then when I click "send" it gives me a not supported error. I tried like 4 or 5 times with no success. I hope this is a problem that can be resolved. Does anyone have some info to help me out?

Ive read that other people are also having a problem unlocking mapsource in their GPS! Is this an issue Garmin has to resolve? Getting someone on the phone is quite challenging!

Oh yeah, Am I the only one who has a hard time reading it outdoors? poor choice of color for a background!

PC or MAC?

Do you have an SD card inserted?

When you are connected to your computer does your Oregon show up as a drive? If so, are there any gpx files in [drive]:\Garmin\GPX ?

GO$Rs

PC I tried it on vista and XP same problem

Yes I have a 2GB micro

when I click send to GPS it wll show me Oregon 300 is recognized. then I click send and it will give me the not supported error

Edited by cache return

I also just got an Oregon 300 and had the same issues when trying to put the caches into the GPS. I was trying to use Easy-GPS, but found that this software does not work with the Oregon. So, this is what I did. I ran a pocket query and saved it to my desktop. Then I connected my Garmin to the PC. I found Drive/Garmin/GPX, and dragged the zip file here and dropped it. It worked. I also found that if I opened the zip file with Easy GPS and then tried to drag and drop, it did not work. I had to use the unopened zip. A friend e-mailed me a file from GSAK and I was able to drag and drop that one. So,nI guess I will now have to learn and start working with GSAK. I hope this helps. :)

I appreciate everyones help! I called Garmin and was on the phone for over an hour. They transfered me to live help and they were able to access my computer and changed some settings. Whatever they did it worked.

THNX again

Unfortunately, this has been the only way I have solved my map software issues with two Colorados and now one Oregon so far. I realize many have sailed through this process but I haven't once. And the first line phone support at Garmin has never been able to help with software issues but the Software Dept. really knows what is going on. I would have saved myself pain if there was some way to reach them directly--they really know--my bonnet's off to that one part of Garmin at least. :lol:

Edited by Ratsneve