Release Notes 9/16/08

OpinioNate

Release Notes - Geocaching.com: Sept 16th Release

HOTFIX cases were implemented when completed over the last two weeks. The rest have been released today. Please let us know if you notice any issues which may be related to today's update. Thanks!

5129:

Added consent checkboxes to do-it-yourself adoption tool

394:

Reinstated watchlist notifications to a user for logs written by the user

5155:

HOTFIX: Fixed issue preventing users from logging certain benchmarks

5039:

Fixed issue with cache PDFs not showing decrypted hint

4418:

Changed behavior of "Find a player" feature to be more intuitive

4828:

HOTFIX: Reinstated notifications of TB movements for owners

5194:

Added "Team Building" link to Resources page

5080:

Changed bookmark text to more clearly explain ratings

5128:

Removed extraneous period from cache report page

5061:

Added asterisk on player profile for Wherigo and GPS Maze Exhibit caches

5202:

HOTFIX: Fixed image display in trackable logs

Edited by OpinioNate

394:

Just one question. Why?

If I write a log on an owned cache (which apparently is the same as one I have a watch on), I certainly know I wrote and what it says. I certainly don't need an email telling me I wrote the log.

394:

Just one question. Why?

If I write a log on an owned cache (which apparently is the same as one I have a watch on), I certainly know I wrote and what it says. I certainly don't need an email telling me I wrote the log.

People said that they save those emails as a record of their actions, and were upset when we stopped sending them. Atleast this way the people who want to be notified can, and anyone who doesn't can just setup a filter or rule to round-file 'em.

My father and I use the same team name to place caches. We don't always talk to each other when we do maintenance. I'd like to know when he logs something on our caches, and he likes to know as well. I set up the email account to forward all emails to him, and I read them directly from the account. This way, we keep up with each other's actions on our caches.

Yes, we could add the caches to our respective watch list, but that means 2 emails received for every log (one from watch list and one to team's email account).

Just one question. Why?

394:

Just one question. Why?

People said that they save those emails as a record of their actions, and were upset when we stopped sending them. Atleast this way the people who want to be notified can, and anyone who doesn't can just setup a filter or rule to round-file 'em.

I guess it comes down to the normal. There are more ways to play this game than most of us realize.

Just noticed that when I open a users gallery that it looks like it's loading all their pictures on one page. WOW!

This does seem to be the case my gallery has over 2,000 images in it so now takes quite a time to load so not much use anymore. :)

Thanks, we're working on a hotfix for this now.

Not sure if it's related or not to this release but I noticed today that I'm now having problems with pages rendering properly when there are large pictures embedded in the cache page. I was unaffected before from the effects of the previous updates. I thought the pictures were automatically resized so the page would be uniform in width. Using IE7, Windows XP.

4418:

Hmm, not sure I noticed any difference here. Can someone point out what I missed? To me, it still looks like the same confusing pulldown list with the first 21 matches.

Edited by Novac

4418:

Hmm, not sure I noticed any difference here. Can someone point out what I missed? To me, it still looks like the same confusing pulldown list with the first 21 matches.

I just looked at this and figured it out. Now there are two links on your account page: "Find another player" and "Email another player". One of them takes you to the profile, another one takes you to the email page.

Before it was just one link "Find another player" which took you to the email page; not quite so intuitive.

Nate,

Not sure where to put this and I know you monitor these tread's pretty closely.

Ever since the TB inventory was moved and then moved back the little note that used to highlight one I have for over two weeks isn't appearing.

I've got a geo-coin that I've have had for just under a month (I know, I know I need to get it moved along. Haven't had time to do a cache for a while.) but there is no alert like there used to be saying you've have this for over 14 days.

Didn't know if this might have been missed when the inventory was moved and changed or if that little feature was taken off all together.

Thanks.

Personally, I'm glad it's gone. The only TBs remaining in my inventory are personal coins that I'll never drop in a cache, so it's great to finally not see the little * next to it.

I can't see why a lot of these little things that are in a constant "I want it / I don't" battle aren't on an "Options" part of a user's account.

You want to see the * when you have a TB/coin for 14 days? Great! Turn it on in your settings.

You don't want user emails when you do maintenance on a cache? Great! Turn it off in your settings. For that matter, here's a list of all the emails we send out -- select the ones you want and the ones you don't.

Honestly, it's not THAT difficult to implement, and it would quell these constant tug-of-wars that occur with every code change.

Ever since the TB inventory was moved and then moved back the little note that used to highlight one I have for over two weeks isn't appearing.

On my profil page under pocket queries it stands that a pocket querie has been generated at 9/22/2008 5:34:03 AM.

Why haven't i received it on mail.

Yesterday it was the same thing, i received 3 pocket queries and the last two was generatet but didn't came to me on mail.

is there something wrong in the system or is it just fine.

On my profil page under pocket queries it stands that a pocket querie has been generated at 9/22/2008 5:34:03 AM.

Why haven't i received it on mail.

Yesterday it was the same thing, i received 3 pocket queries and the last two was generatet but didn't came to me on mail.

is there something wrong in the system or is it just fine.

It could be that your ISP is throttling emails from Groundspeak. It has happened before and is usually the problem when you get some and not others. The usual response from cachers is to get a gmail account and use that for PQs. Since I started my gmail account, I have not had one PQ missing. Prior to that I was having the same problem you are showing.

Release Notes - Geocaching.com: Sept 16th Release

HOTFIX cases were implemented when completed over the last two weeks. The rest have been released today. Please let us know if you notice any issues which may be related to today's update. Thanks!

5129:

Added consent checkboxes to do-it-yourself adoption tool

I simply can not find a way to cancel an adoption request.

On the adoption page this looks promising:

You can also enter the code in order to cancel an existing adoption request.

...but submitting the gc code of the cache always results in a page telling that:

-n-i-c-k-n-a-m-e- has already been invited to adopt this listing. Do you wish to cancel?

'Yes' 'No thanks'

I assume pressing 'Yes' shuold mean: "Yes I would like to cancel my previous adoption request for this cache to that user". But pressing 'Yes' DOES NOT CANCEL my adoption request, as I'm still not capable to offer that listing to any other account. Also tried the 'No thanks' option, but that doesn't cancel my request either.

As far as I can see, the ONLY way out of the situation right now, is that the other party actually adopts the listing and offers it back to, me for adoption. And not before then would I be able to offer it to someone else. But if and when the other party is an old account that has never been used, then you're stuck. (Until this issue is fixed or an admin cancels the stuck request.)

I hope that I had missed something here, but I'm afraid that's not the case.