West Seattle NewB

dnoren

Hello,

My name is Darryl. My wife and I have a family of 2 daughters 8 & 11. We just bought a GPS 2 weeks ago and started geocaching. We have gone on 5 trips and came up empty all five times :rolleyes: . My GPS is a Garmin eTrex Legend HCx which seeme like it should be good for this. I was wondering if there are any other families in West Seattle that would be interested in helping us get started? :huh:

Number one don't give up. I would volunteer but I live north of Seattle, but if you don't hear from anyone we end up in West Seattle to visit some family occasionally and could work something out. I'm sure you have done this but start by looking for those that are 1 or 1.5 difficulty first and make sure they are small or regular size. Once you get the hang of those start looking for others.

I'm a bit closer than The Jester, but still off on the other side of the city. I could get over to West Seattle. I do know the way since I taught school over there for 32 years. The last time I looked at caches in West Seattle there were a number of micros. Those are not good to start with since some of those are much smaller than you might expect. When can you go caching?

This might be a little far for you. We have an event coming up at Wallace Falls. Event Page

Bring your own breakfast and come chit chat with cachers. Often times people meet up in the am here to do some caching. I am going to go up Wallace Falls, slowly, I am kinda slow and 4 kids of my own that will be in tow and would love some slow company. Some are fast hikers and I am sure they would love to have a fast hiker along. Others meet up and then find caches in town or go home before the family wakes up.

We would LOVE to have you, and help you with any questions you might have!

This might be a little far for you. We have an event coming up at Wallace Falls. Event Page

Bring your own breakfast and come chit chat with cachers. Often times people meet up in the am here to do some caching. I am going to go up Wallace Falls, slowly, I am kinda slow and 4 kids of my own that will be in tow and would love some slow company. Some are fast hikers and I am sure they would love to have a fast hiker along. Others meet up and then find caches in town or go home before the family wakes up.

We would LOVE to have you, and help you with any questions you might have!

Live from West Seattle it's Nolenator. Heck it is likely one of my caches you can't find, or Funnynose's. I would be happy to help out. Peace, Nolenator

This is so true. Nolie and FN are prolific troublemakers clever cache generators in West Seattle. I would be happy to take your family caching on the kindler, gentler side of Lake Washington if you ever choose to mosey over to the Bellevue area. :anibad:

Live from West Seattle it's Nolenator. Heck it is likely one of my caches you can't find, or Funnynose's. I would be happy to help out. Peace, Nolenator

This is so true. Nolie and FN are prolific troublemakers clever cache generators in West Seattle. I would be happy to take your family caching on the kindler, gentler side of Lake Washington if you ever choose to mosey over to the Bellevue area. :P

Hmm... kinder gentler... seems like you are taking a jab at us Wet Siders? Not very kinder and gentler... Peace, Nolenator