Setting up icons in GSAK

THEHIWAYMAN

Hello, I have been muddling my way through GSAK and setting up my Nuvi for Paperless GC'n.

I am slowly learning as I go. I am not a very computer savy person so please cut me some slack... :rolleyes:

I have figured out the procedure for tranfering waypoint to My 60csx, but I would like to be able to show the cache types on the map screen or waypoint list by specific icons... if it is a Micro or regular sized cache and such... That info is no longer transfered to my 60csx. I could refer to thr Nuvi for that info, but it seems that this should be possible to do.

I have been able to filter out the micro's via the filtered search. I have read the help section about changing icons.

I thought I understood that process but all I can get is the micro list to come up with blue flags or the standard cache icon. I have set up the icons that my gpsr supports and they are In the drop down list.

When I goto GPS in GSAK and transfer waypoints the micro cache's are listed as using a green dot for instance but they remain blue flags after I "send" them.

I must be missing something here. Is there an easier way to accomplish the cache size and type of Icons or am I on the wrong path?

I hope that makes some sense to you all...

Thanks for any help, Tim

Also is this just to set up custom icons? I would be happy to just use a dot or somthing simple other than the blue flag that is listed now... Can I choose from an Icon that is already in my Gpsr.

Yes you can. In GSAK click on GPS/send waypoints/change symbol. Next window on the general tab highlight the cache type and in the icon selection select what you want to use..... I think :rolleyes:

Edited by IBcrashen

Also is this just to set up custom icons? I would be happy to just use a dot or somthing simple other than the blue flag that is listed now... Can I choose from an Icon that is already in my Gpsr.

Yes you can. In GSAK click on GPS/send waypoints/change symbol. Next window on the general tab highlight the cache type and in the icon selection select what you want to use..... I think :)

I have been to that page, and I thought that I had it figured out... If Im correct in the overides I can pick certain types of caches within TRADITIONAL, such as micro, small etc. This is where my problem is. I show that "micro caches" shows that a small dot for instance is selected and assigned, but any micro still apears as a blue flag on the map screen or waypoints list. I find the flag icon to be to big and muddles things up.Im considering just deleteing all the micros from the way poinst list as i dont find micro's that often.

I must still be missing a step somewhere.

Thanks again...