Tigard area

krystalmoore1986

Well I have searched for 4 and only found one. Anyone who is heading out to the tigard area wanna join me sometimes? In particular there are a string of them in murrayhill park i searched for hours today for and didnt find. In desperate need of a buddy

Keep trying, you will gradually get better. I would recommend starting with Regular sized Traditionals. Make sure to read the discription, especially looking for the type of container, particularly Ammo Boxes or Lock and Locks. I would also suggest that you start with caches with lots of details in the hint (beware of left or right in the hint, it can fool you).

Are any of these events near you? One of the best ways to get help with your gadget and find a caching bud is to go to an event. When you log your will attend mention that you are new to the game and ask if anybody might take you along for pre/post caching. Trust me cachers are always looking for reasons to go caching, even if its revisiting some they have already found to help somebody out. :)

I see the cache you did find is Summerlake Circuit, a multi. You shouldn't feel bad - I DNF'd that one on my first attempt. I also see burgessfour weighed in - you'll be in /very/ good hands with them mentoring (they're personal friends and wonderful people). Don't despair - cache on!

p.s. One technique which may help is when you arrive at GZ (ground zero) and your distance to the cache is under 15 feet or so, the arrow can get pretty wonky. Switch to the view that shows your actual current coordinates, make sure you've got a good lock on the satellites and then move slowly until the GPSr coordinate readout matches the cache coordinates. Then it's time to develop your geosenses. If *I* were a cache, where would I be hiding? What looks subtly out of place or too orderly here?

Hope that helps.

p.s. One technique which may help is when you arrive at GZ (ground zero) and your distance to the cache is under 15 feet or so, the arrow can get pretty wonky. Switch to the view that shows your actual current coordinates, make sure you've got a good lock on the satellites and then move slowly until the GPSr coordinate readout matches the cache coordinates. Then it's time to develop your geosenses. If *I* were a cache, where would I be hiding? What looks subtly out of place or too orderly here?

If you get to within 15' of the coordinates the best thing to do is stick the GPSr in your pocket becuase unless you have surveyor grade equipment it's not going to get you any closer.