Geocaching Daydreaming....

StClairC

Sigh :rolleyes:

Being stuck at work on a beautiful day, seperated from the outside world by sound proof glass.

Caches are out there waiting. Calling. All I can do is read their cache pages and wait for the clock to strike 6.

2 more hours...

Why not just quit your job and become a full-time freelance geocacher?

That's not a bad idea.

Sigh :rolleyes:

Being stuck at work on a beautiful day, seperated from the outside world by sound proof glass.

Caches are out there waiting. Calling. All I can do is read their cache pages and wait for the clock to strike 6.

2 more hours...

That's not a bad idea.

You could shave your head and have Groundspeak pay you to have your head tattooed with the Logo and Website. :huh: A walking billboard.

Sigh :anicute:

I had those same thoughts as I was walking into my windowless office at work yesterday (and this) morning as it was a cool 61 degrees with a high of 75 (which for MS is outstanding weather)....I couldn't help but think how perfect this weather would be for caching...but in order to afford the batteries and gas for my car, I had to go inside and work. It's torture.... Only 40 more years until retirement :)

I dream about geocaching all day. Only problem is that I can't go because I have to go to work, then to school, then home for homework. Wash, rinse, repeat 5 times a week. Only leaves the weekends where the ol' ball and chain keep me from going out. Just kidding about the ol' ball and chain, she caches too but only when it is moderately cool out.

Sigh :)

2 more hours...

I did it :D

Of course I had to work at the same place for 25 years, save like crazy, invest wisely and retire with a pension first, but the end result is the same :anicute:

Sigh :laughing:

I had those same thoughts as I was walking into my windowless office at work yesterday (and this) morning as it was a cool 61 degrees with a high of 75 (which for MS is outstanding weather)....I couldn't help but think how perfect this weather would be for caching...but in order to afford the batteries and gas for my car, I had to go inside and work. It's torture.... Only 40 more years until retirement :lol:

You need to read the book " Rich Dad Poor Dad" and get your self out of the Rat Race. I am serious.

Ah that's the dream someday, get an RV, 4WD vehicle, and live off taxpayers via military pension. Wonder how many you have to find per day to make the top 100 cachers in the U.S.

You'd have your work cut out for you, even going at it full time. There are quite a few cachers who are absolutely "postal" about racking up the huge find numbers. One guy got 257 in one weekend, if memory serves correctly. That's insane! :D