Fantastic Article in Yorkshire Post

Nice article :laughing:

Is she a cacher, or has she cached?

Seems to be written from facts gleaned from web site.. :rolleyes:

Know what you mean.

The lack of any personal anecdote gives the impression that it has been skillfully written from the website and these forum pages, and the bit about dry stone walls is worrying. Although only a few words in an otherwise great article, it might cause some raised eyebrows in certain quarters.

Definitely give it a 9.5 though. If it has been written purely from desktop research, it's a remarkable piece of work. :laughing:

Googling the author's name seems to suggest that she lives in America and the article has appeared in magazines or journals in New York and Canada!

On the other hand I may have misinterpreted the findings of my search as I couldn't find a copy of the full text of the article repeated anywhere. That could be due to my lack of expertise in internet interrogation!

In the article Mike Cowling is credited as the photographer of Elizabeth Eidlitz. Google list that the Yorkshire Post has a photographer of that name!

Over to you Sherlock! :rolleyes:

Edited by Budlaw

This is like a Puzzle Cache...

Gleaned from Here

Elizabeth Eidlitz is a teacher, studio potter, biweekly columnist for The Metrowest Daily News, and freelance writer. Her work has been accepted by such publications as Williams Alumni Review, Boston Globe, Independent School, Media & Methods, Momentum, Positive Teens, Parents & Kids, The Middlesex Beat, Massage, Bear deLuxe, and Police Times. She has co-edited one book (Holt, Rinehart and Winston), was a finalist in the 2004 Tiny Lights' Personal Essay Contest, and a winner in the 2005 short story contest sponsored by the Natick Center for the Arts and the Morse Library in Natick, MA.

She did a previous piece for the YP in August Here so I guess she has been in the UK on 'vacation' from her home in Massachusetts. She has a previous geocaching article published in the Hopkinton News in June 2006, so I guess she has just revamped it with some local updating and got another sale to the YP. :laughing:

Her mistake was the bit about the Dry Stone Walls. Perhaps we should ask the YP to print a correction to that one bit? :rolleyes:

Edited by careygang

Nice article :laughing:

Seems to be written from facts gleaned from web site.. :laughing:

YES, I HAVE CACHED. APPARENTLY Groundspeak FORUMS missed the article on geocaching which I wrote

for The Enterprise newspapers, published Memorial Day weekend 2008. I have cached in Hopkinton with Ether Bunny, my mentor, and on the Cape with Koneko and Pezhead 007 who were great tutors.

I also used facts from the website, as any responsible researcher would.

Sherlockette

YES, I HAVE CACHED. APPARENTLY Groundspeak FORUMS missed the article on geocaching which I wrote

for The Enterprise newspapers, published Memorial Day weekend 2008. I have cached in Hopkinton with Ether Bunny, my mentor, and on the Cape with Koneko and Pezhead 007 who were great tutors.

I also used facts from the website, as any responsible researcher would.

Sherlockette

Nice article :mad:

Seems to be written from facts gleaned from web site.. :ph34r:

Came across all these comments on my YP gecaching article by chance, though I subscribe to the forum posts and would have expected to find them in my email.

For the record, I am a cacher (aka Sherlockette); I am also an American living in Concord Massachusetts.

Although, like any responsible researcher-writer, I used material from websites, forums, logs, I was introduced to geocaching several years ago by Ether Bunny of Hopkinton MA, a splendid tutor, and spent a morning on the Cape last spring with two experienced and helpful cachers, Koneko and Pezhead007. I wrote a feature on this for the Enterprise newspapers weekend supplement, published Memorial Day weekend, which never seemed to be noted in articles mentioned in the forum. It was quite different from the short piece I wrote as a columnist for The Metrowest Daily News, and from the YP article adapted to geocaches in Yorkshire, though I am personally familiar only with those in Scarborough.

Bit behind the times as well.........i thought we were up to nearly 653,118 worldwide now :ph34r:

As you know, the number changes daily. As you also probably know there can be a long time gap between submitting an article and seeing it published.

I did mention to the editor where on geocaching.com the latest numbers could be found, and told him my cacher's name and password, but editors are busy people too and the number I included in July when I submitted the article was out of date by September publication.

sherlockette