VERY FAST - Submit to Publish to FTF

txoilgas

I think this is a regional issue. Here in the Rochester NY region, that might be considerred slow.

There is a fairly well-known group of cachers that meet for breakfast on Sunday mornings around here. With that said, several cachers have chosen to submit thier caches at 8am on Sunday morning. Our Publisher has gotten used to that, and will readily publish 5 or more caches within 10 minutes of 8am, and often times, those caches will be logged within a half hour.

Its good competition, but it makes the elusive FTF just about impossible if you dont' get alerts on your cell phone!

Very cool - Dude, you have a thing for parking lots I see - WOW

I have a thing for parking lots too. I often park in them. I ignore geocaches placed in them. :rolleyes:

Eh, that must be a regional thing for you. I'll bet caches have regularly been found within 15 minutes of publishing in my area. People have cell phone alerts and all that stuff.

Oh, OK, I see you say submission to FTF. Still, I bet if you catch the reviewer at the right time, and it gets published within minutes, you're still far from the record. Not trying to rain on your parade or anything. :laughing:

Edited by TheWhiteUrkel

One that I recently went out to FTF...

Published at 5:02 in the afternoon.

I had the cache in hand at 5:04 (It's pretty much across the street from where I live).

I was the 7th person to sign the log! :rolleyes:

There was an ice-cream-social event cache in town earlier that day and I think the host placed a bunch of local caches for the attendees to FTF that morning before they were published.

My caches have been taking 36 hours from submission to publishing.

I want your reviewer next time :rolleyes:

I've only placed 2 or 3 caches in the last two years (semi-retired) :huh: But I've seen plenty o' notes posted in my area by cache owners thanking the reviewer for almost instant publications. Not that it happens on every cache, or people should expect it.

In CT, caches seem to come out on a regular basis, probably coinciding with our reviewers work schedule. Tuesday is usually a "for sure" and then maybe Thursday or Friday with random stragglers getting released here and there, probably ones that got held up with issues or something.

I'm not a crazy FTF person, but I kind of like it that way because you know what to expect, and it gives you time to check out what caches you want to do when the weekend comes.

While in CA for GW6, we got notified of a new cache. We were 2 miles away, got there in about 5 minutes, and we were the 6th person to sign in.

My caches have been taking 36 hours from submission to publishing.

I want your reviewer next time :rolleyes:

I've only placed 2 or 3 caches in the last two years (semi-retired) :huh: But I've seen plenty o' notes posted in my area by cache owners thanking the reviewer for almost instant publications. Not that it happens on every cache, or people should expect it.

I'm not sure who'd I'd email to thank my local reviewers, but they, Marko Ramus, and Kosh Naranek have been very fast at reviewing caches. (Thanks Guys!!!) Over the last few years, I've never waited more than 4 hours from submission to publish.

Cachers in my area can go from rabid FTF'ers to not interested pretty fast though, I've had some more difficult caches FTF'ed in less than an hour, but my last 2 hides, in easy spots, have gone 2 WEEKS now without any logs..

Weird.

I saw this thread and had to break down and ask.... with the new format how the heck does a person find a newly released cache!!!! GEEEZZZZ I hate change! I am searching all over for newly released caches and cant seem to figure where they have hid them! :)

I get the email notifications at both home and work. If the new cache is between those two places, I stop on the way home.