"Looking for -ME! TB is home...........

Nyra

Too many times we read about TB's that go missing, get held hostage or simply ride off into the sunset, never to be seen again. This is not one of those stories. This is a TB success story.

I wanted to do something special for the person responsible for introducing me to the world of GeoCaching. So I incorporated both his love for GeoCaching and his love of JEEPS, and the concept of a JEEP TB, "Looking for -ME!", (TB211WE) who's goal was to start in Alabama and go to Texas was hatched. -ME!, is the nickname for my GeoCaching mentor.

March 23, 2008 Looking for -ME!, a mini version of Rubi (ME's JEEP) was released from GC1AF5X, Momma's Sunrise TB Motel. A short 3 days later, she was on her way. The remainder of March and all of April she traveled, rested in caches and visited friends in Alabama. In early May she headed into Mississippi (moving West, this is good). It remained in Mississippi a short time before moving on to Louisiana. (Still heading West). June 1st, she was picked up from a TB hotel in Louisiana to be released July 6th in Texas. She now can smell home near by and I am beginning to feel like this little TB just might reach it's destination. OH but wait? She has taken a southerly direction. NO, COME BACK, COME BACK.

Now I am rethinking, maybe my good thoughts of the JEEP TB reaching home, begins to diminish. She sat in South Texas for a month and a half. Seems it turned out to be just a short detour. Perhaps she just wanted a brief vacation at the beach.

Early September "Looking for -ME!, started on the last leg of her journey to her new home. She was placed near a cache listed on the TB page. -ME! set out before daylight in search of this special TB. It wasn't long before the BB alerted me that I had incoming mail. I knew before I opened the email that he had found her. I knew that Looking for -ME! was home.

I would like to say a GREAT BIG THANK YOU, to all who had a hand in helping this special TB complete it's journey and find it's way home to -ME!

Edited by Nyra