Removing ignored cache icons from map view

Ed & Julie

When looking at caches on the map page:

http://www.geocaching.com/map/default.aspx

I see option to have types of caches removed from the view by unchecking the box next to the icon.

Is there a way to have caches I'm ignoring removed from the map page view? I'm ignoring a few (several, many) local caches, and when I look at the map of nearby caches (or planning a trip and looking at nearby caches), the caches I'm ignoring also show...frustrating.

Is it possible to remove ignored cache icons from the map and I'm just not seeing how? I can 'Filter Out Finds"...buy can I filter out ignored caches on the map? I know how do filter them out of my PQs, but I don't want to see them on the map.

Displaying your filtered pocket queries on a map is the only way to exclude ignored caches. You're not missing an undocumented feature. Sorry.

Rats...then I officially announce it as a feature request ;)

Also, it would be great to be able to filter the ignored caches drom the "Find...nearby caches" results page.

FOR EXAMPLE:

Find...

...other caches hidden or found by this user

...nearby caches of this type, that I haven't found

...all nearby caches, that I haven't found

...all nearby caches, that I haven't found, that I'm not ignoring.

...all nearby waymarks on Waymarking.com

...all nearby benchmarks

Displaying your filtered pocket queries on a map is the only way to exclude ignored caches. You're not missing an undocumented feature. Sorry.

Rats...then I officially announce it as a feature request ;)

Also, it would be great to be able to filter the ignored caches drom the "Find...nearby caches" results page.

FOR EXAMPLE:

Find...

...other caches hidden or found by this user

...nearby caches of this type, that I haven't found

...all nearby caches, that I haven't found

...all nearby caches, that I haven't found, that I'm not ignoring.

...all nearby waymarks on Waymarking.com

...all nearby benchmarks

If I understand you correctly, this already happens! Clicking on the "that I haven't found link" does not return any caches on your ignore list. Never has, best I can tell. At least for me. :)

If I understand you correctly, this already happens! Clicking on the "that I haven't found link" does not return any caches on your ignore list. Never has, best I can tell. At least for me. :unsure:
They don't show up on that list but as soon as you click on the "MAP IT" link to see that list on the map the ignored caches come back. I agree that they shouldn't ever show up on your maps. Why would we want to see them?

But still (it's been brought up several times before) ignored caches should be excluded from the map.

Ignored = Don't want to see (right?)

If this could be added as a Premium Member feature, it could sure help encourage more to donate the $30/year. For some, like me, it would be one of the best features of Premium Membership, in addition to doing my part to support the site.

What I'd really like to see is a way to have unfound caches and benchmarks on the same map page together. And to be able to PQ benchmarks would be another great feature.

Dick

Is there a way to have caches I'm ignoring removed from the map page view? I'm ignoring a few (several, many) local caches, and when I look at the map of nearby caches (or planning a trip and looking at nearby caches), the caches I'm ignoring also show...frustrating.

I'd really like this, too.