Dialogs skipping

TeamHydrah

Hi!

We're trying to trigger a 'Show a series of dialog messages' action to the player when he enters a zone. This dialog seems to be skipped, leaving only the last action open. If we use a set of Show a message to the player dialogs the same thing happens; only the last dialog of the Event is left open.

Tried to add showing media to the dialogs, it them seemed to skip somewhat slower, and we briefly saw the media. Are we missing something to leave the dialogs open for the player to see? Is there a timer or a confirm button that need to be used? It would seem that the Series of dialog messages action should wait for the user or some predetermined amout of time?

Thanks for all your input!

TeamHydrah

Hi!

We're trying to trigger a 'Show a series of dialog messages' action to the player when he enters a zone. This dialog seems to be skipped, leaving only the last action open. If we use a set of Show a message to the player dialogs the same thing happens; only the last dialog of the Event is left open.

Tried to add showing media to the dialogs, it them seemed to skip somewhat slower, and we briefly saw the media. Are we missing something to leave the dialogs open for the player to see? Is there a timer or a confirm button that need to be used? It would seem that the Series of dialog messages action should wait for the user or some predetermined amout of time?

Thanks for all your input!

TeamHydrah

Some time ago I had the same issue. My problem was that I was only displaying a single diaglog box for every interaction with the user. Changing it over to "show a series of dialog boxes" made all of the difference in the world.

If you want to attach your source I'll take a peek through it.

Yes, it does sound like you're trying to show multiple single dialog boxes or even multiple series of dialog boxes. The Wherigo player is live and does not wait for the player to click a button or choose an answer before it continues with the code.

Alternatively, you could have callbacks for Message Boxes to trigger more Message Boxes.

I'll step back and let everyone help you; they're more than capable and their advice is good. Thanks, guys!