Fresh from the orchards...

YemonYime

A story:

Last night I'm sitting at home enjoying a nice evening when my doorbell rings. I open the front door and am greeted by a small fire on my front porch. Instinctively I stomp out the fire (I'm wearing shoes) to stop it from spreading.

Just as the fire is going out the smell reaches my nose......burned dog poo. Yes, burned dog poo. As the smoke fades away and my own shouting dies down, the cursing starts. But.....below the cursing I hear laughter. I grab my hose and begin washing off my porch and shoes when I spot something at the bottom of the mess. I pump up the water pressure and see that it's something metallic.

When all the water and dog poo is gone I'm left with what appears to be a coin on my front porch. Reluctant to touch it, I reach down and slide it aside with my foot. Once I'm convinced that it's actually clean I pick it up to find out that it is indeed the "Coin That Shall Not Be Named". It laughs.

This was me before the incident. Notice how happy I look:

smeagoltv9.jpg

This is what it did to me:

photo0145hh7.jpg

Note the stress.

I'll repeat. It's evil - pure evil.

Was the shark used to show how geocoins have "jumped the shark"?

BLAMMO!

Way to go, CoreyNJoey. Nothing like a nice, quick cointest so I can go back to raking leaves. On second though, dang. I didn't really wanna go back out just yet. Oh well.

Yes, a subtle little irony added in just for giggles. It had been declared a while back that geocoins had "Jumped The Shark".

:rolleyes:

I got my coins! Thanks Yime, they're beautiful!!

For those of you I picked up Yimes for at GCF, I'm sending emails tomorrow night. If you don't hear from me, than more than likely I forgot who the heck I said I would get one for, lol, so email me and remind me. I apologize for being pondwater slow, I am just struggling to catch up these days :rolleyes:

I asked before GCF but never got anyone to pick one up for me. If you have extra, I'll buy one from you.

Well, it's Halloween, and fittingly...there's a monster on the loose.

Folks, I hate to break the news...but a Dark Yime is unaccounted for. I fear that it's escaped the holding facility here, and I'm afraid of what it'll do out there in the streets and countryside. Please be vigilant tonight as you take your children trick-or-treating, and make sure you check your back seat before entering your vehicle. I've alerted the authorities, and a yimehunt is underway. This geocoin is considered enameled and dangerous.

Heh, in all seriousness, I actually am missing a Dark Yime. It's my activated one, and it's possible that I accidentally sent it out with one of two recent salvos of mailings. So, if you have recently received one as a gift or trade, please take a minute to check and see if it's already activated? I greatly appreciate that. I'll be glad to alert the authorities that it's been spotted, and send the proper handling squad in to secure the situation.

Thank you, and I now return you to your regularly scheduled Halloween.

anidarkyime.gif

Well, it's Halloween, and fittingly...there's a monster on the loose.

Folks, I hate to break the news...but a Dark Yime is unaccounted for. I fear that it's escaped the holding facility here, and I'm afraid of what it'll do out there in the streets and countryside. Please be vigilant tonight as you take your children trick-or-treating, and make sure you check your back seat before entering your vehicle. I've alerted the authorities, and a yimehunt is underway. This geocoin is considered enameled and dangerous.

Heh, in all seriousness, I actually am missing a Dark Yime. It's my activated one, and it's possible that I accidentally sent it out with one of two recent salvos of mailings. So, if you have recently received one as a gift or trade, please take a minute to check and see if it's already activated? I greatly appreciate that. I'll be glad to alert the authorities that it's been spotted, and send the proper handling squad in to secure the situation.

Thank you, and I now return you to your regularly scheduled Halloween.

anidarkyime.gif

You mean I have to touch that thing again? :)