Fresh from the orchards...

YemonYime

Yime, thank you for your explanation.

RF, the coins that I had at GCF were a special limited edition Polished Gold that was only available there. The Dark and Iron Yimes are my own editions. The coins sold through CoinsAndPins were unlimited Polished Nickel and Antique Bronze. I don't even have those yet myself. I hope that clears up any confusion.

Edit to add: Thanks to a friend's reminder...check Post #6 in this very thread. Also, on CoinsAndPins.com where all the pre-orders were done, the estimated ship date for the Polished Nickel and Antique Bronze was always stated as October 22nd.

Thanks Yime for the coins, the chance to talk (brief as it was, sorry 'bout that!) and the fun! You really outdid yourself both in production and presentation at the event. GCF was a great time and the little one has suddenly taken a serious interest in all my shiny stuff - lol. He's quite happy to "help sort" the goods :)

Hah! I only break out the "Ridiculus Shirt" for special occasions. :laughing: Honestly awesome to meet you and your family. FrozenBuns is a riot! She practically wigged out when she won the Dark Yime. Good times! Oh, and folks...Xander's adorable! That kid's a charmer. Heh... I remember he reached out with a slobbery finger and "booped" me on the nose. Classic! What a truly happy kid. Although, I'm sure you've seen the other end of it...literally. :D

Might as well borrow this post to once again thank EVERYONE who stopped by the Yemonade Stand and introduced yourselves. It's said so often here, but with this being my first large event...it really was a pleasure putting the names to faces.

And extra big thanks and congratulations to JoenSue for flooding the box with entries and winning the Iron Yime! Speaking of the box...

Oh shoot, let's make this an "After GCF Cointest"! This will be open to everybody, but those who stopped by the Yemonade Stand will have an advantage. So then, I'll give away GCF Versions of the Alien Compass Rose and the Geocache America '08 coins to multiple people...one set to someone in attendance, and one set to someone who didn't attend. Honor system, please.

Here's the questions:

For those in attendance, this is an easy one. At the Yemonade Stand, there was a "box" for entering the drawing for an Iron Yime and a Dark Yime. What was the "box"?

OK, and then for those not in attendance (you Forum Fanatics) ...this one goes deeper. After the "box" is identified here, what is the subtle, underlying significance of the "box", as related to geocoins?

It may sound deep, and I'll post a hint if necessary...but I'm sure someone will get it. :anibad:

COINTEST ON!!!

Edit to add: Yeah, post the answers here in the forum.

Edited by YemonYime

Sparticus06 got it... :anibad:

I didn't specify where to answer, but yeah...post it here so everyone can see. GPX, you were close. Surprised it didn't bite ya!

LOL. S'ok. I was too focused on purchasing then looking. Came back later & persued. The stand was just awesome. You should have heard the fun stories about the Yemon & Yime skittles. :laughing:

What went on in Room 266, stayed in 266 :anibad::laughing:

yemonade1.jpg

yemonade2.jpg

yemonade3.jpg

I dunno how I missed this post but I just love that dark Yime. Oh man is that thing awesome. Plus, the bald guy with the blue bag (actually my coin book), is me....lmao

Sorry to go a little off the new stuff, just noticed the Dark Yime and then found the pic....I now return you to your un-normal yimeyness

Edited by Sparticus06

Was the shark used to show how geocoins have "jumped the shark"?

BLAMMO!

Way to go, CoreyNJoey. Nothing like a nice, quick cointest so I can go back to raking leaves. On second though, dang. I didn't really wanna go back out just yet. Oh well.

Yes, a subtle little irony added in just for giggles. It had been declared a while back that geocoins had "Jumped The Shark".

jts.jpg

Plus, we couldn't find our lemonade pitcher. So this worked delightfully ironic.

sharkbox.jpg

And yes, it did have a previous purpose...it was the YittleYime's Valentine box earlier this year!

Sparticus06 and CoreyNJoey, please send me your addresses, and thanks everyone...for the quickie! :laughing::anibad:

BLAMMO!

Way to go, CoreyNJoey. Nothing like a nice, quick cointest so I can go back to raking leaves. On second though, dang. I didn't really wanna go back out just yet. Oh well.

Yes, a subtle little irony added in just for giggles. It had been declared a while back that geocoins had "Jumped The Shark".

jts.jpg

Plus, we couldn't find our lemonade pitcher. So this worked delightfully ironic.

sharkbox.jpg

And yes, it did have a previous purpose...it was the YittleYime's Valentine box earlier this year!

Sparticus06 and CoreyNJoey, please send me your addresses, and thanks everyone...for the quickie! :laughing::anibad:

W00H00! Thanks for the cointest!

BLAMMO!

jts.jpg

sharkbox.jpg

Sparticus06 and CoreyNJoey, please send me your addresses, and thanks everyone...for the quickie! :anibad::)

Was that a Valentine box to keep the suitors away? :laughing:

That would still make a great coin.

I pm'd you the same time CnJ posted. Hey, it's a Yime! :D

Boy oh boy was I excited when I got home and checked my mail and found these beautiful coins in my mailbox! I was upset at first, as a minor glitch was made and I had ordered a polished nickel and a bronze version, but somehow got sent 2 polished nickle coins...

That just means I've got one to keep and one to trade. I was really looking forward to the bronze version though, so if anyone has an extra bronze and wants to trade, send me a PM or email!

Well done on the coin design! :anicute:

In regards to that Dark Yime. It's pure evil, I can feel it way out here on the Left Coast.

How eerily observant of you, Kealia.

Pity though...as it's FAR too late for those who've already allowed one into their collections. It's only a matter of time before they...come to life...

anidarkyime.gif

MwwwAAAAH-HA-HA-HA-HAAAAAAAAA-HA-HA-HAAAAAAAAA!

Heh... I remember he reached out with a slobbery finger and "booped" me on the nose. Classic! What a truly happy kid. Although, I'm sure you've seen the other end of it...literally. :(

boop.jpg

BOOP!

Goodness that baby has grown!! He's coming up on 1 now, isn't he! Time sure flies when you're having fun, doesn't it!

Naomi

YemonYime v2 Geocoin 15 Oct 2008 Shipping Started 17 Oct 2008 Shipping Completed

Hmm... I guess buying priority doesn't get them to you faster. :( I just got the ship notice today.

I can feel your anticipation from here, Mark. :ninja: But seriously, shipping departments that consist of one or two people are not exactly high-tech and intricate like that, y'know. See an order, fill an order 'til you're done. Besides, the estimated ship date posted on the website was today, October 22nd. :ninja:

If it makes you feel any better, I don't have the Ant. Bronze or Polished Nickel myself, and neither do some of my friends here in the area. Let's wait together, shall we? *tap tap tap*

Heh... I remember he reached out with a slobbery finger and "booped" me on the nose. Classic! What a truly happy kid. Although, I'm sure you've seen the other end of it...literally. :ninja:

boop.jpg

BOOP!

Yeah, THAT's the little nose poker with his slobbery weapon of boopage right there!

Oh, the things I could Photoshop... :(

YemonYime v2 Geocoin 15 Oct 2008 Shipping Started 17 Oct 2008 Shipping Completed

Hmm... I guess buying priority doesn't get them to you faster. :( I just got the ship notice today.

I can feel your anticipation from here, Mark. :ninja: But seriously, shipping departments that consist of one or two people are not exactly high-tech and intricate like that, y'know. See an order, fill an order 'til you're done. Besides, the estimated ship date posted on the website was today, October 22nd. :ninja:

If it makes you feel any better, I don't have the Ant. Bronze or Polished Nickel myself, and neither do some of my friends here in the area. Let's wait together, shall we? *tap tap tap*

I know, I just got worried when it said on the pre-sale page... Shipping completed, Oct 17 and I didn't get a shipping notice, (until today)! I actually wanted to have them for last weekend cause we went apple picking and pumpkin picking as a family, wanted to post some pics with em. Oh well.

I know, I just got worried when it said on the pre-sale page... Shipping completed, Oct 17 and I didn't get a shipping notice, (until today)! I actually wanted to have them for last weekend cause we went apple picking and pumpkin picking as a family, wanted to post some pics with em. Oh well.

i received mine yesterday. a few days after the shipping notice. shipping takes two days most places.

i have an extra bronze if someone would like to trade for a dark one. ok, i would even trade both of the bronze for a dark yime.

and maybe even something else. who knows. try me!

lara