If you have delicate sensibilities better not look!

tsunrisebey

Ok, here is the scoop. I ran this idea by another geocoin addict buddy awhile back and he thought it was funny. I have an idea for a design (trackable) for 1 side and I was thinking of running a contest to design the other side (I'll explain why shortly).

Now for the funny part and maybe a bit gross to those who have no sense of humor.... I have a t-shirt and I'm sure some of you have seen the saying and this is just one of those things that should be on a coin (well to me at least :blink: )

"Bring a compass, it's awkward when you have to eat your friends." Compass can be exchanged with GPS easily.

Now maybe my sense of humor is warped and I'm wondering if there are others with a good warped sense of humor?

I'm not sure how well something like this would go over....

so give me some feedback.

The other side of the coin: I thought it would be fun to run a contest to submit a 'humorous' design. The winner gets some 'XLE/AE' in return. Of course the design would have to pass Bryan's inspection :(

One thought was a couple of hikers sitting around a campfire roasting "little pieces of something" :ph34r: you know.... funny stuff left up to you all.

I sure hope I don't regret posting this, lol.

Ok, here is the scoop. I ran this idea by another geocoin addict buddy awhile back and he thought it was funny. I have an idea for a design (trackable) for 1 side and I was thinking of running a contest to design the other side (I'll explain why shortly).

Now for the funny part and maybe a bit gross to those who have no sense of humor.... I have a t-shirt and I'm sure some of you have seen the saying and this is just one of those things that should be on a coin (well to me at least :blink: )

"Bring a compass, it's awkward when you have to eat your friends." Compass can be exchanged with GPS easily.

Now maybe my sense of humor is warped and I'm wondering if there are others with a good warped sense of humor?

I'm not sure how well something like this would go over....

so give me some feedback.

The other side of the coin: I thought it would be fun to run a contest to submit a 'humorous' design. The winner gets some 'XLE/AE' in return. Of course the design would have to pass Bryan's inspection :(

One thought was a couple of hikers sitting around a campfire roasting "little pieces of something" :ph34r: you know.... funny stuff left up to you all.

I sure hope I don't regret posting this, lol.

it took me a minute but i think it is a hoot!

rsg

"Bring a compass, it's awkward when you have to eat your friends."

I am reminded of the University of Colorado, which immortalizes the memory of America's only convicted cannibal, Alfred Packer, with the Alferd Packer Memorial Grill. Their slogan is "Have a friend for lunch!"

Before everyone's delicate sensibilities got offended, CU celebrated Alferd Packer Day. Each year, you could get the annual T-shirt with such themes as "Taste the Thigh Country"; "Nothin' Says Lovin' Like Someone in the Oven."; "Where's the Beef?"; "Tasting a New Generation" and "A Kinder Tastier Nation"

It may be in poor taste but at least it tastes good... :blink:

We are definatly twisted and warped...go for it!

I find the quote very humorous.... and at first thought i would be into the coin idea. then the more i reflect upon it, it is a family hobby (sorry to be the downer with kids) but I could see some parents struggling to explain the coin to their kids (my daughter is almost as into coins as I am!). so, i think the imagery will be tricky!

Like the idea for the one side.

You know the stance kids take when they are busted doing soemthing wrong? The head down, hands behind the back, one toe doodling in the dirt stance? How about a guy or a personified frog in that stance with a skull, femur etc... strown around a campsite in the background?

Well the saying is kind of funny, but the imagery is gross.

I agree with AtlantaGal - the saying made me chuckle but it would be difficult to add a picture that would interest me I think. I could see this being of interest to a lot of collectors though...

After all your beautiful and meaningful designs, this would be a departure for you that would certainly test your design skills! But if anyone can do it... :blink:

Thanks for the feedback all :( It's interesting to read what this makes some of you think of :blink: I'm definitely not hungry for breakfast this morning :ph34r:

For those of you who might be a bit turned off or think this is done in bad taste, let me just say that the coin idea when thought up was not done with any particular past event in mind. It just made me laugh and well you just can't be serious about everything in life. The design for the front is very much Nature based and the back would be done in a way where you had to use your imagination a bit.

I'm still thinking about doing the coin but it's not written in stone yet.

Kid friendly; well the design itself will not be an issue, I suppose the saying would be the issue for some parents if one had to explain what it meant. Obviously if the coin became reality, don't buy it. If found in a cache, well I guess I'll leave that up to each individual to handle the situation as they see fit. I'll just leave it at that.

It doesn't bother me. I think for little kids - well they can't read anyway and the ones that could read it probably wouldn't even understand the meaning. Now my middle-schooler would find it gross but funny!

As others have said, I'd have to see the art before I'd decide to purchase the coin but as far as the phrase goes, no problem here. :blink:

Thanks for the feedback all :( It's interesting to read what this makes some of you think of :blink: I'm definitely not hungry for breakfast this morning :ph34r:

For those of you who might be a bit turned off or think this is done in bad taste, let me just say that the coin idea when thought up was not done with any particular past event in mind. It just made me laugh and well you just can't be serious about everything in life. The design for the front is very much Nature based and the back would be done in a way where you had to use your imagination a bit.

I'm still thinking about doing the coin but it's not written in stone yet.

Kid friendly; well the design itself will not be an issue, I suppose the saying would be the issue for some parents if one had to explain what it meant. Obviously if the coin became reality, don't buy it. If found in a cache, well I guess I'll leave that up to each individual to handle the situation as they see fit. I'll just leave it at that.

My son is five and, yes, he could read what it says on the coin. He has mom's warped sense of humor and would probably not only get it but would think it was funny. If you decide to make the coin, I'm in for a few.