Bear Sighting in South Dakota

crookedcastle7

Anybody else catch the Man vs. Wild episode taped in South Dakota? I know, I know it's edited to "enhance" the wilderness experience and Bear's tendancy to sensationalize and exaggerate is well documented...

But, I just dont know how Mr. Grylls managed to survive all those towering cliffs, abandoned mines, killer thunderstorms, stampeding bison, giant rattlesnakes, etc., etc, and still manage to cover 50 or 60 miles of terrain to finally find that lonely road in the Badlands!

I think the real challenge in this episode has to have been getting footage without exposing the COUNTLESS roads, ranches and houses found along his alleged "route out of the wilderness" :blink::ph34r:

His dropoff point on the desolate pinnacle was maybe a mile or two from Mt. Rushmore!

The plunge off the raging waterfall is filmed at Hippie Hole just outside of Keystone! The cameraman must have been holding the rope swing out of the way! :(

Had he REALLY walked the route he leads us to believe, I suspect becoming roadkill crossing through all those towns, and major highways would have been the real danger!

At least the Discovery channel gave the country a nice vision of how beautiful and diversified this area is. Bear should have brought the GPS, there is some great caches out there in all that wilderness. :D

. Bear should have brought the GPS, there is some great caches out there in all that wilderness. :blink:

I would agree, I spend a week in the Black Hills every year caching and it is my favorite place to cache and Geocaching has taken me places in the hills I never would have been. It was nice of the park rangers to let Bear run with the buffaloes and they tell everyone else to stay away from them