New MYSTERY coin - Mystical GreenMan

LoriDarlin

Here you go. The coin is epoxy coated so there is reflected glare in the image.

MGmysteryTN.jpg

Just as an FYI, I was told there was a note with the coin saying not to show the back side. I didn't see it when I took the photo. If asked to remove the photo, I will. I think it's tasteful and artistically done, but others may not.

Thats a cool coin. Looks good. Congrats to all who got one..

".......... If asked to remove the photo, I will. I think it's tasteful and artistically done, but others may not.

....mystery solved!

...I'll be more specific about pics in any future endeavors

....I'm glad everyone likes it...

Listen closely to the rustle of the leaves while caching in my forest woodlands to find one or enter the EarthDay Cito Cointest

....mystery solved!

...I'll be more specific about pics in any future endeavors

....I'm glad everyone likes it...

Listen closely to the rustle of the leaves while caching in my forest woodlands to find one or enter the EarthDay Cito Cointest

Oh I wish I was able to go caching in your forest woodlands Mystical GreenMan, but they are so far, far away. :laughing:

Congratulations to those who have been lucky enough to see one of these beautiful coins and also to those lucky enough to be able to have fun at geowoodstock. :D

I covered myself in Ivy at the MGM Event after GW-VII hoping to attract the Greenman - I think I just scared him off though!! Actually, I almost scared myself!! Great looking coin - I saw one being raffled off at the Florida Cachers event on the Friday night.

It was the weirdest thing . . . Came home from Geowoodstock with a bunch of new coins I traded for. They were kind of floating around in different places and I put them with some others that needed to be sorted and placed in binders etc. I had kinda noticed this one coin that I didn't really remember trading for, but just barely.

I got home from doing an event in Bakersfield last weekend and my young adult son asked what that really cool coin was with the tree. I had no idea. It rang not a bell. I knew it was not something I made.

It took me a minute and I began to wonder if I had received a special gift. I rushed off and found the pile of coins from Geowoodstock. Sure enough. There it was. No the problem. His collection is not so big, mostly his favorites from Hogwild Stuff, but he really really really wants this coin.

I guess it will go on permanent loan since I am not turning lose of ownership.

Thanks,

Mystery Greenman.

While out in the forest caching last weekend, a bright green light could be seen in the trees. I wondered what it was and it started moving closer to me, I was not afraid as it seemed to have a friendly energy about it. I waited for this being to approach me and as it did, I couldn't help but smile. It was difficult to see exactly what this creature looked like but it was as if the forest had come to life. The Mysitcal GreenMan reached out it's limb looking hand and opened it and told me; Thank You for taking caring of Mother Nature and her creatures and told me to take this coin as a reminder to continue taking care of her so future generations could also enjoy Mother Nature. I smiled and said "thank you and that I will do my best," I took the beautiful coin and continued on my journey for the day while the Mystical GreenMan returned to the forest.

I didn't find the cache that day but I did enjoy myself as did the dogs. Here are some pictures from the day and Montana's forest that I am a caretaker of <_<

Thank you Mystical GreenMan.

Caching72609002.jpg

Caching72609003.jpg

Caching72609008.jpg

Caching72609010.jpg

Caching72609006.jpg

Caching72609007.jpg

Congrats Stephanie! that is a beautiful coin for sure.

I wonder, are we allowed to post some shots...I was recently back in Canada for a while and got a picture of the kids beside a large (redwood?) in British Columbia then a couple days later, back in Australia beside another gigantic tree that had fallen across the trail...

003-2.jpg

031.jpg

Ha! Can you tell that is OptimusCaches' favorite shirt

Edited by gardengorilla

Me and my kids love to host CITO events to help teach and spread the word about protecting the future of our forest and earth.

We try to be the last ones left behind any events so we can do a major cleaning to insure it is left better then we found it.

On the way to host the Black Canyon Beach Luau evnt on 8-01-09 i had forgot something in the house just then the mail lady was there to give me a a bubble mailer that contained one of these wonderful coins and it really helped brighten up my busy day.

Of course we where able to be the last at the event to make sure it was cleaner then when we arrived and i had a wonderful time showing off the new coin i received.

Thanks Mystical GreenMan

When we got home from the Black Canyon Beach Luau, one of the beauties was in our mailbox.

Congrats on getting this wonderful coin.

I got mine on the day of hosting the Black Canyon Beach luau event and i forgot some items at home so i ran back to the house only to see the mail lady at the house with my wonderfful coin :?}

When we got home from the Black Canyon Beach Luau, one of the beauties was in our mailbox.

Congrats on getting this wonderful coin.

I got mine on the day of hosting the Black Canyon Beach luau event and i forgot some items at home so i ran back to the house only to see the mail lady at the house with my wonderfful coin :?}

AlliedOz books his flight for the next Black Canyon Beach Luau :cool:

Congrats to you both.

ok so i keep looking but cant fiend this coin any where ?! Any idieas any out here in pa ??? I really like this coin and would love to fiend one .

Yep same in NJ... Coins like this show up when you least suspect it. We found a jedi coin in a PA cache a couple of years ago!!! So there's hope on the East Coast :cool:

We saw this one up close at GW7...boy, what a beauty. It reminded us of a "Wood Spirit" we saw in a picture near the Black Forest in Germany a longtime ago (pre-caching days).

Congrats to all who have one... treasure it!

drneal, River Cacher, gardengorilla, tsunrisebey CONGRATULATIONS on receiving this great coin. The pictures are fantastic. Just a few more places I'll have to add to my wish list.

Oh, I wish! I didn't receive one I just wanted to show off some really big trees :wub:

SORRY about that. You can join the rest of us who have our fingers crossed. In the mean time those are beautiful "BIG TREES". Exactly the kind of place you would expect to run across the Mystical GreenMan. GOOD LUCK searching.

I thought I would dig this old thread up so I could let you all know what an idiot I am: The BAD news...I have scheduled a small holiday to Thailand IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WORLD CUP!!! This of course became apparent to me only when the cup action started :lol: . I just never gave it a thought! SO...the GOOD news I am not taking any chances of dodgy World cup coverage in our hotel room. I have found an English pub called 'The Green Man' in Phuket. I realize that the English have excused themselves from the World Cup again this time around but I am pretty sure this pub will be showing matches to the masses! :anibad:

And EVEN BETTER news, we are returning home about an hour before the final game so we won't even have to go to bed and wake ourselves up at 2am! :rolleyes:

http://www.the-green-man.net/

Greenman, I had no idea you had a vacation home in Phuket! Hope to see you there.... :rolleyes: