New MYSTERY coin - Mystical GreenMan

LoriDarlin

I think this company is out of business, I tried the website and nothing is there. I received some of these for an event and gave them awy years back-I am glad I decided to keep one for me.

i am confused, probably too late to be reading the forum, but what company are you referring to? and what coins? the ones that are pictured?

the profile for the greenman shows the last visit was on 10/27/2008.

rsg

I beleive that they are referring to the company that minted this coin, named Greenman:

6ab516a6-28a7-4e89-8dff-83cc8f3fd9eb.jpg

It was one of the first geocoins we bought back in 2005(ish).

Thanks DresselDragons, I also was wondering what company it was. A great looking coin. Is it still part of your collection?

I believe that they are referring to the company that minted this coin, named Greenman:

6ab516a6-28a7-4e89-8dff-83cc8f3fd9eb.jpg

It was one of the first geocoins we bought back in 2005(ish).

This was one of my first geocoins too. It was one of the door prizes at the KC summer picnic and I didn't win it! :laughing: I offered to trade the fully stocked ammo can (which happened to have a Three Costco Guys coin in it that I didn't know about yet...) for it to the person who did win it and they just gave it to me!! :yikes: You bet it's still in my collection!!! :laughing: One of my absolute favorites!

The company that made this coin also made the "Joy of Caching" coin and I wish I'd bought one of those when I could. :laughing: Too bad they went out of business. They made great coins!

CF30

Hey Greenman... I was going through my pics from FFF4 and I ran across one that looks odd and I was wondering if it is you in the pic? I was on the night gauntlet with 50 or so cachers and took several pics, but this one stands out and I have no idea what I was taking a pic of. I have several of banana spiders and I thought this was one but I can't see it if it is...

c631a375-e300-43b4-9b5c-0e5d6a360931.jpg

I have been portrayed in many images and stories over the centuries. being aware of your surroundings has paid off for you with this picture, however you should be more observant as I was closer to you than you thought during the event of cachers in my forest and went totally unnoticed by all in your group.

I took the kids out caching today - actually to do some maintenance on a couple of caches for a friend. They loved the hike through the woods. At our first stop we saw 7 turkeys and we were in a city park that had a creek running through it that connected to another small park about a mile away. Both kids just stood there and watched the turkeys until a jogger came through and scared them away.

Our next stop was almost as much fun for them, as I was replacing the old log and restocking the swag 2 deer walked within 20 feet of us and just kept walking. We were all afraid to breath - we didn't want to scare them away.

Our final maintenance stop was near a duck pond and of course we had to feed the local ducks. Not nearly as exciting but the kids didn't have to be quiet. NOTHING was going to scare these ducks away.

I love getting my city kids out into the "wild" nearby parks. They can hardly wait for MOGA 2009 at Mark Twain Lake in Missouri. I hope they can get a glimpse of this mystery coin from Mystical GreenMan but if not there's a lot to see and hear. So many beautiful nearby places they haven't been to yet.

HAPPY CACHING everyone. Keep your eyes and ears open.

Hey.greenman..how does it come you never have visit the Netherlands...i just found out off you

:ph34r: and i think we need you here also :)

The Green Man is that spirit, energy, presence, inherent in every cell of the vegetative realm, and transmitted to the animal/human realms through the foods we eat, the flowers we smell, the trees we hug. He is Pan.

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower drives my green age."

Edited by Geo.Error

Soooo Mr. Mystical Greenman, if we would go back to the Holiday Inn at the Meadowlands and risk being arrested for trespassing while hunting through their shrubbery, plants, and trees, would we find your Mystical coin still there?? :)

I was wondering the same thing. There was a cache I found at the 4th FFF that I keep thinking about and I have been wanting to recheck the area a little closer, but it is a 55 mile drive.

Soooo Mr. Mystical Greenman, if we would go back to the Holiday Inn at the Meadowlands and risk being arrested for trespassing while hunting through their shrubbery, plants, and trees, would we find your Mystical coin still there?? :)

I was wondering the same thing. There was a cache I found at the 4th FFF that I keep thinking about and I have been wanting to recheck the area a little closer, but it is a 55 mile drive.

Heck if we thought or knew there was a mystery geocoin in a cache and it was ONLY 55 miles away it be so worth the drive that is nothing to drive here to do a cache. We live in the Middle of Nicolet National Forest out in the middle of nowhere land where nothing really exists except the natural beauty of forest and really nothing around. If we need to any shopping of sort we have to travel 45 minutes away to go shopping. We haredly ever leave town except on weekends so that is when we plan our trips out shopping/geocaching. We will keep our eyes and ears open. We have a feeling if we do see or find this beauty, we will for sure know it. :) Edited by sweetlife

that's ONLY 55 miles. go for it!

rsg

that's ONLY 55 miles. go for it!

rsg

Wish I could get back up there this week because hunting season starts this coming weekend and runs until mid January, in the same forest these caches are located. Not sure I want to cache in a forest full of hunters.

Any Greenman drops recently???

I know we need a Greenman drop, but to visit all the woods that burned this year in the Cali Fires! Some of my most favorite places are not the same anymore! :) BUT, they are recovering with the spirit of the Greenman! Thers new grass on the charred surface, though the trails are still closed with charred debris covering the ground and falling hazards!

This cache http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...e7-8dddf469d4f2 barely made it through! All the plastic was melted into one big Geocoin/Swag/TB! :)

Been goin to these woods since I was a kid and was pretty bummed when I saw em the way they were... The Greenman is present and he's workin on everything just as he has for thousands of years past. :D

Keep up the good work!

Congrats on your Greenman coin CF30 and MustangJoni. That coin is on my seeking list........sigh.

Same here nefresh one of the small handful on my seeking list.

Now I really do wish I could have attended the event even if the odds where very high for the chance to be one of the blessed .... it would have been better odds than being in Australia during the event :(

I have to admit I thought this was more of a kind gesture rather than an actual geocoin at first, but I was uprooted. I was standing spacing out, tired and worn out from all the fun days festivities at GW7 when I was handed one of these... put a big smile on my face and enabled me to snap out of it and get back to meeting people! Thanks so much and what a cool idea for a coin! :(

The Greenman has been busy! I got one of these coins at GeoWoodstock today. It fell out of a tree!

Thanks Greenman! The coin is stunning!

Thank God it wasn't you that fell out of that tree! But seriously congrats to you and the other recipients!

Does anybody wish to share a picture with us?

you all are very lucky i have cito every cache hoping it will help with the luck of finding one,or bring one my way as i know the green man watches , no luck yet, but am planning a trip for tomarrow to estes park for a few days mabie then but not likely...? congrats to you all!!!

Here you go. The coin is epoxy coated so there is reflected glare in the image.

MGmysteryTN.jpg

Just as an FYI, I was told there was a note with the coin saying not to show the back side. I didn't see it when I took the photo. If asked to remove the photo, I will. I think it's tasteful and artistically done, but others may not.

Edited by AtlantaGal

MGmysteryTN.jpg

Just as an FYI, I was told there was a note with the coin saying not to show the back side. I didn't see it when I took the photo. If asked to remove the photo, I will. I think it's tasteful and artistically done, but others may not.

WOW! What a FANTASTIC looking coin. CONGRATULATIONS to all those who have received one.

Edited by luckycharmer

MGmysteryTN.jpg

That is SWEET!

Congrats to all who have received one.

And a Special THANX to Mystical GreenMan for lookin' out for our one and only ""Home"!

Wow...Wow...Wowie, that is one beautiful geocoin Mystery Greenman, The backside of the coin is absolutely stunning, Congratulation on all recepients that have found or received one of these precious coins. Thanks Greenman for making such a beautiful coin and making people smile. We enjoyed our Holiday weekend. Picking up trash in Milwaukee area this weekend while visiting friends and Geocaching. We couldnt think of any better things to do besides visiting The Milwaukee Zoo as well. Fun Times:)