New MYSTERY coin - Mystical GreenMan

LoriDarlin

I've been spending a lot of time in the woods and on the trails

These are the places where I find the most comfort and peace as well, RR. Isn't Nature a wonderful, beautiful place?

er

yes i totally agree. i love going for little walks and discovering a small green coloured area that i wouldnt have known about if i had continued to walk along my usual paths. its such a treasure to enjoy the secrets that lay in wait for us.

I've been spending a lot of time in the woods and on the trails

These are the places where I find the most comfort and peace as well, RR. Isn't Nature a wonderful, beautiful place?

er

yes i totally agree. i love going for little walks and discovering a small green coloured area that i wouldnt have known about if i had continued to walk along my usual paths. its such a treasure to enjoy the secrets that lay in wait for us.

Treasures abound with the tranquility of rustling leaves and whispers of the forest. I am near and I am watching those that take care of my woodlands will be rewarded with riches beyond belief.

***May all your travels through my forest woodlands be a good journey and have you all return safely home***

I recently had to replace a cache for a friend and went back the next day to recheck the coordinates and found 3 deer within 10 foot of the cache and a pileated woodpecker working overhead. The next person that found the cache also ran across the deer while walking to the cache and stopped to watch some eagles fishing.

The perfect kind of area to take the kids to. They may be city kids but caching gets them out into some pretty neat area.

wow, this is my 3rd time trying to post this. My internet keeps on cutting out!

I miss my Alberta mountains. They have a scent that can only be descibed as "Green". I am amazed at the beauty of Perth in this spring season and the scent of Eucalyptus after a rain comes in as a close second. I have learned something important during our move. There is beauty in nature everywhere. Take the time to find it. I think nature was caching long before we were. :)

Green "Peace"

wow, this is my 3rd time trying to post this. My internet keeps on cutting out!

I miss my Alberta mountains. They have a scent that can only be descibed as "Green". I am amazed at the beauty of Perth in this spring season and the scent of Eucalyptus after a rain comes in as a close second. I have learned something important during our move. There is beauty in nature everywhere. Take the time to find it. I think nature was caching long before we were. :)

Green "Peace"

Hey Bernice,

We miss you guys too. Here's a few Alberta mountain shots from a few weeks ago in Canmore and Kananaskis.

DSC_0650.jpg

DSC_0644.jpg

Plus a few 'winter' shots from last year, since your summer is coming and you won't have these views for a while.

Nikon1512.jpg

Nikon1514.jpg

Take care guys and glad you made it safely to Oz. :huh:

Andrew + Tammea

Tethys C + C-side Girl

Mystical Greenman, you are more then welcome to visit the beautiful northwoods of Mountain, WI. Right now the colors on the leaves are so beautiful with all the colors of the leaves on the trees. You ever get a chance to visit this area, you will see for yourself that you will love it here. The Nicolet National Forest has so much to offer. So many lakes and streams, many free camping area, where you can walk in and camp, and if you like peaceful and quiet, well this is the place for you to come and enjoy. We have so many beautiful waterfalls here. If you like the forest there is a place here called "Cathedral of Pines", they are the biggest trees to see since they are old growth and never were cut by the loggers. They are over 200 years old. It is a amazing sight to see. We hope to be able to meet you some day.

What a great concept on this Mystical coin.

Makes me want to head to the forest before the snow hits and it all turns white.

I will make sure we grab some bags and have the kids help do some clean up before the snow falls.

I did my First CITO this year and it was great to see all the kids that were there to do cleanup and learn how we can make a difference.

We will be doing another at the same location next spring and then we are going to add in two more Cito events to help make a difference.

Hope to see you out on the trails one of these days Mystical Green man.

Aw, thanks Andrew! I'm not missing it that much yet as everything is new to us. There are amazing wildflowers here, including orchids and Kangaroo paws and the trees are all in flower right now. They even have these trees called 'sausage' trees which really look like there are sausages hanging from the branches. There are wild gladioli here that are not local and are taking over ferociously...and just like the yellow strife in Fish Creek Park locals organize purging days where you can come and pick out the 'weeds'.

It doesn't seem like any CITO's are planned for the Perth area, and I would like to do that as soon as I get settled and begin to know the area a bit more.

I send some sun your way in December! Cheers!

i cant make a cito event as theres not enough cachers where i live, but i always try to pick up some litter that some lazy person hasnt just walked a few steps to the bin with.

i also try to encourage any people visiting my caches to do their bit also. i dont know if they actually do or not, but i do it anyway.

i cant make a cito event as theres not enough cachers where i live, but i always try to pick up some litter that some lazy person hasnt just walked a few steps to the bin with.

i also try to encourage any people visiting my caches to do their bit also. i dont know if they actually do or not, but i do it anyway.

We love the Scottish Nature (all nature ofcorse) so when we visit your beautiful homeland we bring a big bag with us and we help you.. :D

c4f6d5c7-11e8-4a9d-9844-1862b7919848.jpg

I had the same issue where I live. We do have a CITO around the Boise area that is about 60 miles from me.

I live in Idaho on the Oregon Border and I wanted to do a CITO in Oregon so I got with the BLM in Oregon and we planned one and scheduled it.

I was so scared we were only going to have a few Cachers show up but then i got a phone call from Indianhead Fly Fishers and they wanted to do a cleanup in the same area so we did and we Had 11 Geocachers and a few BLM workers that were cachers and over fifty flyfishers. We cleaned over a ten mile area along the Owyhee River in just a few hours and had a huge BBQ and it was a blast. Most of the geocachers were kids and loved doing this. There was no kids with the flyfishers and they said next year they are all be bringing the kids and grandkids to help teach them about giving back to mother nature.

This will be a annual event and I have been promoting geocaching like crazy in our areas so we should have more help next year.

I will be doing 2 CITO events around Hells canyon dam next year and one will be on the Oregon side and one will be on the Idaho side. Our local orginization is ORIDA Geocachers and it will be 2 CITO events in one weeknd in two states. This will be in May or the firsy of June. I will be getting ahold of local fishing orginizations because we can start around Brownlee dam and go all the way to Hells canyon and is close to a 30 mile drive. I know we will not get it all cleaned but we will do our best.

Alls it takes is just a few Geocachers to do a CITO and join up with other groups and you will see atleast a few other Geocachers show up to give a hands.

Scout, Fish, Hunting or many type of Orginizations would love to join in and help bring the Beauty back to Nature. Good luck and do not give up.

I hope you can make it to GCF Pittsburgh for I'd love to add your awesome coin to my collection. The trees are just lovely this time of year. We are already seeing the leaves change into colorful shades of red, yellow, and orange. So, pretty!

....Anthus

Good luck to all that go to the GCF on getting one of these if he does show up there.

Iwill be stuck close to home but I will be hitting the hills around Idaho to find some caches before the snow falls as today a lot of frost appeared.

We havent seen anything mentioning about this coin at all, in fact we haven't even seen a picture of what one looks like yet. We have visions of what one may look like but we are probably way off. We are very excited to see who will be blessed with this mystery coin first. Whoever receives this coin we are sure there will be some happy people. Sweetlife yells and hears it echo in the distance.....Mystical GreenMan Come Out, Come Out Wherever You Are.... :)

Wow, that is really an awesome coin and I love the meaning behind it, know to just be lucky enough to cross his path out in the woods.... :D

Hope he has snowshoes as it is really getting white in some places..... :laughing:

edited to add that I didn't see or hear about this coin at GeoCoinFest in Pitts.

Edited by Frozen Buns
I just found some images I do not think it is the coin but if they were looking for a Mystical Image ??

I like the Green Man or what ever you give the name of that one who protects everything.

would you like to share the photoes you seen? We love to see them. Hmmm.....Mystical.....sounds very pretty and havent even seen it.

The Mystical GreenMan posted a log that he attended GCF, but he remains mystical. I did not see or hear anything about his coin at GCF. :D

He also posted a log that he attended the 4th Annual Florida Finders Fest this past weekend, but I did not see or hear anything about this cool mystery coin either :laughing: I listened for the rustling of leaves while I cached and filled up my trash bag for CITO, but I did not hear anything.

The Mystical GreenMan posted a log that he attended GCF, but he remains mystical. I did not see or hear anything about his coin at GCF. :D

He also posted a log that he attended the 4th Annual Florida Finders Fest this past weekend, but I did not see or hear anything about this cool mystery coin either :laughing: I listened for the rustling of leaves while I cached and filled up my trash bag for CITO, but I did not hear anything.

I just read his logged attendence. I never saw him either, but honestly wasn't looking as I forgot and was excited about the 170+ new caches I chased for 5 days! I did see plenty of wildlife in the area though. Maybe he was disguised as one of the many deer,coons of snakes and spiders I saw! ....maybe even the beautiful fox that crossed my path on one of my many hikes in the area. ...either way from his log it looks like someone ran across him and maybe can offer a pic of this coin.

Anything to promote CITO is welcome in my opinion. I typically bring in a bag with me and take out some trash from the caches I visit. Unfortunately, one bag is usually only a small portion of the junk I come across on many of the caches I have visited, especially ones that are within the City limits :D

We'll see if there is another Greenman coin, I love the concept and would welcome the coin of course, but promotion of accountability and responsibility for our environment around us is more important than any coin.

Best Regards,

MRJIFFY

perhaps when he says "my coins" he means coins he owns and not necessarily coins that look like him or his avatar. perhaps he is dropping unactivated coins of all types.

perhaps he is just encouraging awareness.

30ba1c6f-61b9-443f-a1cd-081f41cfd32b.jpg

You may be right RSG

jeahhhh and i don`t wanna bump some to the head but honest i don`t care what GREENMAN do with any coins i just ENJOY his tree`s .....sorry :D

and i`m happy that GREENMAN let us look to the beautiful earth and make us aware of it, it is not always about coins i think.....

Hey Greenman... I was going through my pics from FFF4 and I ran across one that looks odd and I was wondering if it is you in the pic? I was on the night gauntlet with 50 or so cachers and took several pics, but this one stands out and I have no idea what I was taking a pic of. I have several of banana spiders and I thought this was one but I can't see it if it is...

c631a375-e300-43b4-9b5c-0e5d6a360931.jpg

Hey Greenman... I was going through my pics from FFF4 and I ran across one that looks odd and I was wondering if it is you in the pic? I was on the night gauntlet with 50 or so cachers and took several pics, but this one stands out and I have no idea what I was taking a pic of. I have several of banana spiders and I thought this was one but I can't see it if it is...

c631a375-e300-43b4-9b5c-0e5d6a360931.jpg

now this is so very cool!

rsg

I think this company is out of business, I tried the website and nothing is there. I received some of these for an event and gave them awy years back-I am glad I decided to keep one for me.

i am confused, probably too late to be reading the forum, but what company are you referring to? and what coins? the ones that are pictured?

the profile for the greenman shows the last visit was on 10/27/2008.

rsg

I think this company is out of business, I tried the website and nothing is there. I received some of these for an event and gave them awy years back-I am glad I decided to keep one for me.

i am confused, probably too late to be reading the forum, but what company are you referring to? and what coins? the ones that are pictured?

the profile for the greenman shows the last visit was on 10/27/2008.

rsg

I beleive that they are referring to the company that minted this coin, named Greenman:

6ab516a6-28a7-4e89-8dff-83cc8f3fd9eb.jpg

It was one of the first geocoins we bought back in 2005(ish).