Disappointed

8ball9ball

:laughing: As a newbie, I was really having fun. Shortly after starting I found a geocoin. Although a copy and not the real item I thought "nice". Followed the rules and logged it. Went to two caches approx 60 miles from home to give it some mileage. Figured I would place it in a cache where there was another geocoin and retrieve it and put it in a cache near my home location. Go Figure. The two caches I found did not have a coin in them. One was supposed to have 1 coin and the other 4 coins. Plenty of time has passed since the last cache find by others that they should have been logged. Quite disappointing when I spent time and gas trying to play by the rules and find this out. Considering the cost of the coins, now I see why quite a few people are putting out copies instead of the real deal. I am currently bidding on a coin, but you can bet I will be putting out a copy to do the traveling in place of the actual coin. Although, the coin thieves will probably throw the copy away after they get there and not find the real deal.

:laughing: As a newbie, I was really having fun. Shortly after starting I found a geocoin. Although a copy and not the real item I thought "nice". Followed the rules and logged it. Went to two caches approx 60 miles from home to give it some mileage. Figured I would place it in a cache where there was another geocoin and retrieve it and put it in a cache near my home location. Go Figure. The two caches I found did not have a coin in them. One was supposed to have 1 coin and the other 4 coins. Plenty of time has passed since the last cache find by others that they should have been logged. Quite disappointing when I spent time and gas trying to play by the rules and find this out. Considering the cost of the coins, now I see why quite a few people are putting out copies instead of the real deal. I am currently bidding on a coin, but you can bet I will be putting out a copy to do the traveling in place of the actual coin. Although, the coin thieves will probably throw the copy away after they get there and not find the real deal.

Unfortunately that happens. If you want to watch something travel you may want to purchase a Travelbug. They are less prone to theft then geocoins. It also seems like coins travel more overseas without getting stolen if you can get one over there. :laughing:

Don't get to disappointed though. Not all coins get stolen and there are LOTS of them out still in circulation.

It also seems like coins travel more overseas without getting stolen if you can get one over there. :laughing:

So cachers in the USA are simply more dishonest than people in other countries?

Oops...did I just say that?

Unfortunately that happens. If you want to watch something travel you may want to purchase a Travelbug. They are less prone to theft then geocoins. It also seems like coins travel more overseas without getting stolen if you can get one over there. :laughing:

Don't get to disappointed though. Not all coins get stolen and there are LOTS of them out still in circulation.

I have been rather lucky on my Geocoins being out there and most are still moving. I have found that there are geocoins just as cheap as travel bugs. You can find Geocoins for under five bucks and those are the ones i now release and I keep the more expensive coins for cachers to discover only.

:( As a newbie, I was really having fun. Shortly after starting I found a geocoin. Although a copy and not the real item I thought "nice". Followed the rules and logged it. Went to two caches approx 60 miles from home to give it some mileage. Figured I would place it in a cache where there was another geocoin and retrieve it and put it in a cache near my home location. Go Figure. The two caches I found did not have a coin in them. One was supposed to have 1 coin and the other 4 coins. Plenty of time has passed since the last cache find by others that they should have been logged. Quite disappointing when I spent time and gas trying to play by the rules and find this out. Considering the cost of the coins, now I see why quite a few people are putting out copies instead of the real deal. I am currently bidding on a coin, but you can bet I will be putting out a copy to do the traveling in place of the actual coin. Although, the coin thieves will probably throw the copy away after they get there and not find the real deal.

It also seems like coins travel more overseas without getting stolen if you can get one over there. :laughing:

So cachers in the USA are simply more dishonest than people in other countries?

Oops...did I just say that?

Yes you did say it.....and I must say you are probably right. Actually, as far as manners and ethics go, there are MANY countries who put us to shame....or shall I say WE put ourselves to shame compared to many other countries.

Please remember that 65% of the time people just do not know how to log them, 45% of the time they forget to log them, 39.72% of the time parents do not know their kids rifled through the cache and they didn't see them grab a coin, 11.6% of the time people haven't gotten home to log yet, 3.8% of the time people logged them into the wrong cache but no longer have the tracking number to fix it, and 95% of the time 30% of the statistics are made up on the spot.

Please remember that 65% of the time people just do not know how to log them, 45% of the time they forget to log them, 39.72% of the time parents do not know their kids rifled through the cache and they didn't see them grab a coin, 11.6% of the time people haven't gotten home to log yet, 3.8% of the time people logged them into the wrong cache but no longer have the tracking number to fix it, and 95% of the time 30% of the statistics are made up on the spot.

Good One Eartha. I love Statistics :( 99% of the time .......

Eartha, could you please provide us with the source for those statistics :(:laughing::)

I'd love to release something for you guys here in Europe if you want to send it here :D

Naomi

Eartha, could you please provide us with the source for those statistics :(:laughing::)

I'd love to release something for you guys here in Europe if you want to send it here :D

Naomi

I pulled them out of my Arctic ice cap. :smile: But it's not about the numbers, right?