MISSION: 7th Anniversary of Geocoins!

Cheesy pigs

On September 30th 2001, the first ever trackable geocoin was let loose by Moun10bike to travel the world. I wonder if he realised that he was starting something HUGE! People all over the world are now firmly addicted to Geocoins, and their cousins the GeoTags and PathTags.

This Mission is to celebrate the 7th Anniversary of Geocoins, and the pleasure/pain/poverty they bring into our lives.

The Mission:

* You must be willing to mail a minimum of two unactivated geocoins to one participant

* You must be a registered user in these Forums.

* You must provide your FULL NAME AND ADDRESS to receive a mission from another participant.

* Geocoin Packages must be mailed no later than 1 week prior to mission day.

* You must report your received status in this thread!

To Participate:

Email me at cheesypigs@gmail.com with the following information:

1. Geocaching Name

2. FULL NAME & ADDRESS

3. Let me know if you are willing to ship outside of your Country.

You will receive an email from me with Your own Secret Mission.

Please go the distance. If you participate, please do your part to make this a fun experience. Decorating your package to match the mission can be a lot of fun too!

YOU MAY PARTICIPATE IN MORE THAN ONE MISSION IF YOU LIKE!

**Sorry, Participants names cannot be reserved.**

**PLEASE report the Following in this Thread on your Progress**

1. Participating

2. Received Name

3. Mission Complete

4. Package Received!

Please email me by Saturday 14th September if you wish to participate! I will send names out Sunday.

Please send mission so it is received by September 30th. International mailings may need to be sent at least 1 week prior if using Air Mail.

Edited by Cheesy pigs

Probably - but then it was far too long last time. I think the Halloween Mision running at the same time effects it. My own silly fault of course!!

Maybe next year it will be just right (I'm hoping averages will even it all out).

Actually what is happening in Texas right now is making everything seem a little frivolous :unsure:

Count us in!!

Mrs usyoopers

participating- email sent 9/11

received name- 9/15....researching!

mission complete- :) In the mail! 9/16

received package-

the other yooper

participating- sent his email 9/11

received name- 9/15....doing his research for him!

mission complete- :anicute: Also in the mail! 9/16

received package-

1. Participating - Yep, email sent 9-12-08

2. Received Name - Got em! 9-15-08

3. Mission Complete - Package sent out 9-20-08...hope it gets there in time

4. Package Received - Yes! 9-24-08

Thanks UKTim. Loved the postcard, the pins, the patch which will be put on my cache vest and the 2 coins. I have to ask though, what is little silver one? It is very neat.

1. Participating - YES

2. Received Name - YES

3. Mission Complete - YES, today, and already received :)

4. Package Received! - YES, today :D

I got a Happy Caching Horseshoe Coin, a Happy Caching Toadstool coin (both in antique silver which is my favorite for this series!), a cache container complete with pen and a self-made logbook, a tupperware-keyring and two tools to peel oranges!

Thanks a lot Tschakko, and thanks for the nice conversation!

This was really funny, I just had packed the mission and wanted to mail it out tomorrow as the doorbell rang and he was outside with my mission. As we both requested missions inside Europe / Germany we found out that we were assigned to each other and so we could exchange missions personally (Tschakko currently works in my town) :)

...This was really funny, I just had packed the mission and wanted to mail it out tomorrow as the doorbell rang and he was outside with my mission. As we both requested missions inside Europe / Germany we found out that we were assigned to each other and so we could exchange missions personally (Tschakko currently works in my town) :(

:);):huh:

Excellent! Sure saves on postage!!!! Have you met before?

...This was really funny, I just had packed the mission and wanted to mail it out tomorrow as the doorbell rang and he was outside with my mission. As we both requested missions inside Europe / Germany we found out that we were assigned to each other and so we could exchange missions personally (Tschakko currently works in my town) :(

:);):huh:

Excellent! Sure saves on postage!!!! Have you met before?

Not really... we were on the same event a few months ago, but haven't talked there (that was before Tschakko joined here, and there were so many people that you just couldn't talk with everyone who was there :o I still met people while caching or on other events and they tell me "I have met you on that event" and I just can't remember because there were so many people around :huh: )

1. Participating; E-mail sent 09-11-08

2. Received Name; a few days ago

3. Mission Complete; delivered today :P

4. Package Received!; waiting patently :) Well, did not have to wait long, wrote the log right before I delivered the package :D

It was really fun to talk to Steinwälzer, has a great time :D

Could not wait either to open the package I got, I got some really nice coins, a Signal the Frog Germany Geocoin (really great), a Landsharkz Gecko (I like the colours) and a Steinwälzer Nerd v1 (my first v1 nerd, perfectly fits the BleBerry v2 :D, plus it´s a micro B) )

I got a mirror and a little book as well as a nice card and some glitter too, plus a pin and two mini pencils,

Thank u a lot, u really made my day :D

@ you favourite metal: when I looked up the coins u had, I saw the pics of that metall in the coins u had so I thought they might be a good addition :D

6fc5088f-c938-4ea8-9ac5-3b6b9776f2ee.jpg

1c4db4ff-d6d0-4b37-9f6d-795a7da1fafe.jpg

Edited by Tschakko

1. Participating - yes

2. Received Name - yes

3. Mission Complete - yes, a little rushed - saw something that I wanted to add - AFTER I had mailed it off.

4. Package Received - Anticipation over - Thanks UK Tim. A wonderful package of the copper lovespoon and a quarterhorse geocoin.

PLUS UK trolley token, and various pins, including the London Taxi and London bus!

What a neat wee mission.

Thanks Cheesypigs, this was a fun mission.

Count us in!!

Mrs usyoopers

participating- email sent 9/11

received name- 9/15....researching!

mission complete- :ph34r: In the mail! 9/16

received package-

the other yooper

participating- sent his email 9/11

received name- 9/15....doing his research for him!

mission complete- :blink: Also in the mail! 9/16

received package- 9/29

A very nice package arrived for the other yooper today, not sure who his mystery sender was but they included 3 very nice coins! A Nuttin' Better Ammo Can (from our wanted list!!!), a Capsule coin...I hadn't seen that one before, its really nice! and an Ultimate Sacrifice Dog Tag. Not being having much patience I made him open it up at work instead of taking it home for later....confetti all over!! :):P Thanks very much for the nice surprise!