Dutch or Indonesian Geocoins

yankeepride

There have been a lot of additions recently and I haven't been keeping the list as up-to-date as I should. :(

But I did see this in the 'Latest Design' list on gc.com:

12 Provinciënrace Geocoin :o:D:D

Sorry I have no idea what that is. But I'm glad you bumped this thread.

THANK YOU! for your list & especially your page of pics. Many I had never seen and some I'd only seen one side of. There are versions I never knew existed of coins I treasure. Your pages are a great resource.

There have been a lot of additions recently and I haven't been keeping the list as up-to-date as I should. :(

But I did see this in the 'Latest Design' list on gc.com:

12 Provinciënrace Geocoin :o:D:D

Sorry I have no idea what that is. But I'm glad you bumped this thread.

THANK YOU! for your list & especially your page of pics. Many I had never seen and some I'd only seen one side of. There are versions I never knew existed of coins I treasure. Your pages are a great resource.

The 12 Provinciënrace is a geocoin race around the Netherlands. The first coin to visit a cache in each of the 12 provinces wins, but there are many, many other prize categories as well. Last year's race sort of ended in confusion, but the new organizing team seems to be on the ball and they are producing a coin. There will apparently be 4 versions including a prize version and an AE. It is designed by Team Van Stoffelen.

I just noticed that there is a GME event coin (another long-standing Dutch event) and an ACE coin. I'm not sure if that one is Dutch, but there was an ACE event with a coin in the Netherlands last year so it might be. After some further snooping, I discovered that there will be a coin for this year's Bordspel event -- it will have a Risk theme (still looking for the two XLE versions of last year's Stratego coin)!

On another note -- does anyone have information on the Klavertje Vier van Vlaardingen Geocoin? It is listed on k2coin's activation site, but I can't find any info on the forums or by googling.

Klavertje 4 van Vlaardingen was given out to the first 50 finders of a serie caches

in Vlaardingen. You had to find 4 caches each containing a part of the "klavertje 4"

when you found four parts and the bonus cache you qualified for a geocoin.

More info about the caches here (listing is in Dutch).

The coin:

1738987d-3c30-43f6-8528-f5a0bff994dc.jpg

I don't have it in my collection, would like to get my hands on one.

Klavertje 4 van Vlaardingen was given out to the first 50 finders of a serie caches

in Vlaardingen. You had to find 4 caches each containing a part of the "klavertje 4"

when you found four parts and the bonus cache you qualified for a geocoin.

More info about the caches here (listing is in Dutch).

The coin:

1738987d-3c30-43f6-8528-f5a0bff994dc.jpg

I don't have it in my collection, would like to get my hands on one.

Wow! That geocoin is Gorgeous! Love the half raised metal with the shamrocks.:) Edited by sweetlife

@ E&Cplus 3, Some other geocoins I don't see on your list yet:

2010:

- 10 years of geocaching; Dutch version

- 10-10-10; Dutch version

- 10-10-10; Noaber event coin,

- 100 jaar Scouting Nederland; silver and gold (le)

- MEE event; Stratumse Alliantie

- Stratego Event: Blue (organisation only), Red, Green

- Snert event geocoin (silver and gold(le)

In delay but still coming: Dutch geocoin 2010

and yes, there will be another ACE event geocoin this year.

About the gele bussie mystery geocoin:

I'v seen versions in:

gold, silver and copper,

antique gold without enamel,

and non trackable ones (but I believe them to be samples).

They were shown to me by the owner of the gele bussie, who has one of each, but...

he is not the owner/distributer of these geocoins.

It's a rather well kept secret who that is and how many geocoins there are :D

Only very view are circulating

Edited by Sivota

Does anyone have a 10 years of geocaching Dutch coin that they'd like to trade for one of my American coins, made for the NNJC (Northern New Jersey Cachers) event?

Oops, perhaps I should not have mentioned that one.

I' don't mean to disappoint you, but you are asking for a trade for a very, very..... hard to get coin. :cry:

I hope you'll get lucky

My wife is of Dutch/Indonesian heritage, and I unsuccessfully bid on the only Dutch GC I've seen on eBay so far. Does anyone have any out there they'd like to sell me?

I am looking for coin forum in the Netherlands on the internet, I got this one.

But I got confused, it looks like this is not the coin forum I am looking for. I collects coins (Money).

Please let me know what is geocoin?

I am Indonesian American.

Thanks,

Samuel Tan

I have made a major update to The Big List of Dutch Geocoins.

The list was getting so big that loading the pictures was slowing things down. And updating the web page was getting to be a pain everytime a new coin was created (which seems to be happening at a faster rate these days!).

So, I converted the whole thing to a database driven application. I also made the page default to icons only. But if you want to look at the pics for a category, just click on the image icon on the top right of each category.

I am also slowly photographing more of my coins. Only half of my coins are actually shown, so there appear to be some gaps in the list. I will correct this soon, but there may be quite a few coins that don't have images.

The link always appears in my sig line, but here it is anyway:

The Big List of Dutch Geocoins