Only 39 Pocket Queries

GrandpaKim

I've currently got 39 pocket queries defined, including 5 that have already run (crossed off). When I attempt to add another pocket query, I get the following error message:

Sorry. You have reached 40 total queries. You will need to delete a query in order to create a new one.

8891529a-eab9-4a39-92e4-b4ab49f7f39a.jpg

When I scroll to the bottom of the page, it lists 39 total queries.

c67e114f-3721-49dd-bd0a-10376800cdd3.jpg

I've currently got 39 pocket queries defined

Sorry. You have reached 40 total queries. You will need to delete a query in order to create a new one.

I've brought this issue up at least twice myself and no one seems to care, the only replies I seem to actually get are that I must be doing something wrong and its my fault.

I still have the very same issue.

It might be counting the "My Finds" query at the bottom as one of your PQs (even if you never run it). Seems a bit of a cheat by the system and they should either say you have 39 "custom" PQs you can create, or state that the My Finds one counts. A better solution would be to increase the allowable to 50 or so. Of course, we'd run into the same question again when everyone exceeds 49.

Edited by Cache O'Plenty

Well, I used to have 34 but now have it whittled down to just 24. Eleven of those are for pulling all caches by date placed for a 30 mile radius from home (T=3 or less). The other 13 are for "Brand New" caches (never run, only previewed when a new cache pops up), PQs for Vegas (we visit every 6 months), one for Indio, CA (work takes us there every two weeks), one for San Diego plus a route query for each of those. One for a vacation spot we are visiting next month (Dillon, CO - ever hear of it), one for "My Owned Caches" and one for all caches (found or unfound by me, all terrain levels) surrounding my home coordinates so I'll be able to locate "cache free" areas. That about does it.

They do seem to add up pretty quickly. Especially if we are planning any road trips.

Edited by Cache O'Plenty

Well, I used to have 34 but now have it whittled down to just 24. Eleven of those are for pulling all caches by date placed for a 30 mile radius from home (T=3 or less). The other 13 are for "Brand New" caches (never run, only previewed when a new cache pops up), PQs for Vegas (we visit every 6 months), one for Indio, CA (work takes us there every two weeks), one for San Diego plus a route query for each of those. One for a vacation spot we are visiting next month (Dillon, CO - ever hear of it), one for "My Owned Caches" and one for all caches (found or unfound by me, all terrain levels) surrounding my home coordinates so I'll be able to locate "cache free" areas. That about does it.

They do seem to add up pretty quickly. Especially if we are planning any road trips.

You going through Denver on your way to Dillion? Maybe we could get a few caches together.

11 - By date placed. What to you do with these. Load them all at once or use them separately? These are not found by you correct?

13 - New cache PQ's isn't that alot? I get email notification on new caches.then can view them from lin kin email.

? - Vegas (traditional, multi, puzzle, others) is that about it? (4)

? - San Diego - same as Vegas (4)

2 - Driving routes

? - Other location I am going to shortly - same as Vegas (4)

Besides the first 24 I can see how you get the others real quick. I am traveling these days and have about 2-3 PQ's for each location.

It might be counting the "My Finds" query at the bottom as one of your PQs (even if you never run it). Seems a bit of a cheat by the system and they should either say you have 39 "custom" PQs you can create, or state that the My Finds one counts. A better solution would be to increase the allowable to 50 or so. Of course, we'd run into the same question again when everyone exceeds 49.

I have mentioned a couple of times that the my finds PQ is being counted towards the total allowed. Now had it a few times when going away and unable to run one (got 4 out of the 5 I wanted) because the my finds was run in the last 24 hours.

I have mentioned a couple of times that the my finds PQ is being counted towards the total allowed. Now had it a few times when going away and unable to run one (got 4 out of the 5 I wanted) because the my finds was run in the last 24 hours.

I had noticed that previously and just make sure that I only run My Finds after I've already run 5 or late in the day so I don't have to worry about running out of PQs.

You going through Denver on your way to Dillion? Maybe we could get a few caches together.

11 - By date placed. What to you do with these. Load them all at once or use them separately? These are not found by you correct?

13 - New cache PQ's isn't that alot? I get email notification on new caches.then can view them from lin kin email.

? - San Diego - same as Vegas (4)

2 - Driving routes

? - Other location I am going to shortly - same as Vegas (4)

Besides the first 24 I can see how you get the others real quick. I am traveling these days and have about 2-3 PQ's for each location.

You going through Denver on your way to Dillion? Maybe we could get a few caches together. Yes. PM me.

I merge them all (about 4900) into one database (no duplicates because of the date placed criteria) and then load them all on my nuvi (via a GSAK macro). They are only the Not Found by me category. Goal is to find them!! I can then isolate my target area down to 500 at any time (500 because of the limitation of my handheld). But the nuvi also Alerts me of any caches within 1000 feet as I drive to the target area.

Only traditional and multis. Puzzles only if I've already solved them but these are very few. The PQ is for 500 so I get the maximum, then select the subarea to search after I get there.

Edited by Cache O'Plenty

Your My Finds query is counted as one of your PQ's.

The site clearly says you can CREATE 40 PQ's. You can't create or modify the MyFinds PQ, and some people here claim to have 40 (don't know if I believe or not).

I've not run the myfinds PQ in over a year except once when I accidentally clicked on it but thats been several months ago.

Its probably real simple, where someone has coded [x < 40] instead of [x <= 40]

It seems like simple bugs just aren't addressed, not sure why because those would probably be simple and fast to clean up. Another 2 year old example is picking home coordinates and a state on PQ's, you won't get any results back. I could probably list a dozen such bugs, and I've listed several, but they just never get acknowledged and a few "power users" just try to slam me and say I don't know what I'm doing. This is after clearly documenting these easily duplicate-able bugs, most of which I've even documented work arounds for.

The site clearly says you can CREATE 40 PQ's. You can't create or modify the MyFinds PQ, and some people here claim to have 40 (don't know if I believe or not).

At one point, I did have 40 custom queries- I had set them up before the AFPQ feature was added. Normally I just edit my existing queries rather than delete them and set up new ones. Well, I wanted to set up a new route query, which required me to actually delete one of the 40. So, I did, and found that I still couldn't set up the new route query because I had reached the "maximum number of queries" for my account. but I just deleted one! I deleted a second query, and was then able to create the new route query. I still have 39 to this day.