Are you planning on buying coins at GCF?

AtwellFamily

Are you planning to buy some coins? or mostly trade?

Trying to figure out how many coins to bring?

Not planning to buy. Trade, a little. Mostly going to see friends.

Cheapskate.

I will be trying to buy coins, when I am not busy. I know of some cool coins coming to the event that have gone sight unseen, so for all you saying you aren't planning on buying, you will reconsider.

Not planning to buy. Trade, a little. Mostly going to see friends.

Cheapskate.

I will be trying to buy coins, when I am not busy. I know of some cool coins coming to the event that have gone sight unseen, so for all you saying you aren't planning on buying, you will reconsider.

Wanna wager? :)

With all that's happened and happening, I'm still hoping to be able to attend. Will be planning on riding out as I certainly don't have the money for other means of travel, so not much room for anything save myself and camp gear...maybe a coin or two but nothing of import. I'm hoping to snag a few coins there, as many as my meager budget will allow! :laughing:

Will be planning my route soon, hope to hit a few caches along the way as well! Any suggestions appreciated!

As I only have a couple of trades, I don't think I will get much for them. I will try to buy. But with my job situation I don't have that much money so it will be just a few. (I have more fingers on my one hand than what I will be able to buy)

So I will be mostly looking and talking.

Thanks

kf4oox - Paul

Are you wanting to know who intends to buy from or trade with you so you can plan accordingly?

I'm done buying coins completely. I'll trade with my personals and any of the ones currently in my collection. When I'm done enjoying those (or if I get a decent offer), I'm selling them or giving them away.

Edited by ScoutingWV

So how does buying coins work at these things? are there stands and vendors sell them or are there tables and individuals sell their personal coins? Do you just walk and talk wheeling and dealing? I have never been and am very nieve at this sort of thing. If I wave a big wad of cash will people try to cheat me dry? is it a buyer beware? or are most people fair? Is it the more you pay the more its worth? I guess I will find out in October.

So how does buying coins work at these things? are there stands and vendors sell them or are there tables and individuals sell their personal coins? Do you just walk and talk wheeling and dealing? I have never been and am very nieve at this sort of thing. If I wave a big wad of cash will people try to cheat me dry? is it a buyer beware? or are most people fair? Is it the more you pay the more its worth? I guess I will find out in October.

Yes, there are stands at which vendors can sell coins. There are a number of reputable dealers at the event. Coins should probably cost between $7-$10 range (maybe a few special ones are more). As for individuals selling, they shouldn't be since they don't have the required county sales license.

I will be buying coins and trading coins.

There are a number of reputable dealers at the event.

Dude, you really have a way with words. :laughing::laughing:

What he's saying is that only vendors that have secured permission with the GCF Organizers will be permitted to sell things at GCF. These people have either paid a fee, or made a tangible investment into the event. It's really not appropriate for others to "set up shop" and hock their wares. The GCF Crew would appreciate it if everybody please respect these guidelines.

Besides, there will be armed guards and snipers strategically placed around the ballroom, and they will open fire on anyone who Mark deems to be "disreputable". :D

It's really not appropriate for others to "set up shop" and hock their wares. The GCF Crew would appreciate it if everybody please respect these guidelines.

Actually it is even more than a guideline, it's the law.

In order to sell at the event you MUST be on the vendor's license. Anyone selling that is not on the license will be asked to leave by property management. There is no second chances and this is out of our control.