Colorado 300, found caches not on the list

Jouko

When I find a cache and mark it as "found" Colorado will show it on the map as opened box but not on list of recent finds. I suppose it should? They do disappear from the geocaches. I use GSAK to download the caches to Colorado.

From what I have seen, the "recent finds" only lists the points which have recently been the destination for a "GoTo", be they Custom POI, Geocache, or waypoint.

My CO is in the shop right now but I don't think Geocaches ever get added to the recent finds list on the CO -- at least that was the last note I added in the Issues List. If this is incorrect let me know and I'll update the wiki.

The OR does support geocaches on the recent find list but I think both suffer from two other issues:

1) Navigation destinations selected from the map page are not added to recent finds

2) Only navigation destinations are added to the recent finds list, it would be nice if newly created waypoints were added to the recent finds list for example

GO$Rs

My caches Saturday 12 finds 1 DNF.

Found showed as open treasure chests. Were removed from cache list.

Soft button option allowed me to toggle to found list and see list of found caches.

All 13 showed up in the txt file and were uploaded via gc.com web interface, via the field notes interface.

I'm running the latest rev of Colorado.

BTW, in GSAK, I filter found caches and only export available unfound caches to the Colorado.

My caches Saturday 12 finds 1 DNF.

Found showed as open treasure chests. Were removed from cache list.

Soft button option allowed me to toggle to found list and see list of found caches.

All 13 showed up in the txt file and were uploaded via gc.com web interface, via the field notes interface.

I'm running the latest rev of Colorado.

BTW, in GSAK, I filter found caches and only export available unfound caches to the Colorado.

OK, but none of that is the same as the recent finds list. I have not checked in 2.6. I know from personal experience that, on earlier versions, found caches did not show up in the recent finds list (after navigating to them in geocaching mode).

OK, but none of that is the same as the recent finds list. I have not checked in 2.6. I know from personal experience that, on earlier versions, found caches did not show up in the recent finds list (after navigating to them in geocaching mode).

By this, you mean that you selected the geocache from the list and got the map screen with the geocache data n the top of the screen, then hit the "options button" and selected "Go To Location" from the bottom of the list?

If that is what you mean, in version 2.6 it appears as this no longer adds the geocache waypoint to the "Recent Finds" list. I seem to think that at some point in the past these steps would add the geocache to the Recent Finds" list. To be honest, I almost never use that feature but I have used it a few times. I will use it more often to go to a parking coordinate associated with a cache but those are selected from waypoints (through a different screen since they are not geocaches) and they do seem to appear in the list.

By this, you mean that you selected the geocache from the list and got the map screen with the geocache data n the top of the screen, then hit the "options button" and selected "Go To Location" from the bottom of the list?

If that is what you mean, in version 2.6 it appears as this no longer adds the geocache waypoint to the "Recent Finds" list. I seem to think that at some point in the past these steps would add the geocache to the Recent Finds" list. To be honest, I almost never use that feature but I have used it a few times. I will use it more often to go to a parking coordinate associated with a cache but those are selected from waypoints (through a different screen since they are not geocaches) and they do seem to appear in the list.

Yes, that is what I mean by navigating to the cache.

To my knowledge, this never worked on any version of the firmware prior to 2.6. It sounds like it doesn't work on 2.6 either.