SoCalGeocoins

The Klever Boys

I'm still waiting on a couple of coins (Star Crazy Mercury and Crystal Dragon) from SoCalGeocoins, but nothing has showed up yet.

I've emailed without reply and now see that from his profile, Matt is a "Banned Member" and hasn't logged on to Geocaching.com since January :D

Anyone else still waiting for these coins, or know what's going on?

The website is still up and taking "pre orders" - although I paid for one of the coins last December!

Russ

I've been waiting,, hold up, change that. :D

It's been 10 months since I gave my money away to these people. No coins. I have an email address and have actually had two responses (in April and again a month ago) but they're always the same: the coins are being made right now, issues with the mint, will get them out ASAP... :rolleyes:

So, for now I assume I've given my money away. We'll see what happens (but I don't expect much) <shrug>

I'm still waiting for my Star Crazy Mercury as well...

It's been awhile since we bought coins from them. The last one was the Grim Reaper they made and took a long time to get the coins (at least a few months). I did get them though and a trade later on after months of waiting for that coin to come out. Not sure what the deal is at this point but they are not high on my buy from list. We've bought from sweetsweetgummy and had no delays at all so I'm not sure if that is the same person???

Hope you get your coins for those still waiting.

I'm still waiting for my Star Crazy Mercury as well...

It's been awhile since we bought coins from them. The last one was the Grim Reaper they made and took a long time to get the coins (at least a few months). I did get them though and a trade later on after months of waiting for that coin to come out. Not sure what the deal is at this point but they are not high on my buy from list. We've bought from sweetsweetgummy and had no delays at all so I'm not sure if that is the same person???

Hope you get your coins for those still waiting.

I just looked up sweetsweetgummy on ebay and yes it is socalgeocoins. Its says that on their feedback profile page.

SoCalGeocoins

P.O. Box 1266

Lomita, Ca. 90717

(562) 964 4004

I found this if it will help?

I didn't like the apartment number next to the addy. That reeks of small potatoes to me

<personal information removed, business information added by moderator>

Edited by Eartha

Sorry to hear all the burn stories. This is weird. Until now they've been very reliable on delivering what they sold. Something pretty drastic must have occured though it's no excuse.... a little notice or news goes a long way to keep customers who've paid up happy to wait a little longer.

SoCalGeocoins

P.O. Box 1266

Lomita, Ca. 90717

(562) 964 4004

I found this if it will help?

I didn't like the apartment number next to the addy. That reeks of small potatoes to me

They were just a mom and pop shop out of their apt just like so many other coin makers.

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

Sorry to hear all the burn stories. This is weird. Until now they've been very reliable on delivering what they sold. Something pretty drastic must have occured though it's no excuse.... a little notice or news goes a long way to keep customers who've paid up happy to wait a little longer.

If they have been banned that is pretty drastic but would explain why there aren't any posts in the forums here from them.

We are waitting on two of the Crystal Dragons as well. We have emailed a few times and no answer. What is up with paying for coins and not getting them lately? If anyone gets ahold of them please let us know.

Barry and Valarie of sweetlife

isn't there any legal recourse to this? i suppose the amount one by one is not so much, but add many people together and you have a class action suit!

lara

You could also try their geocaching profile, last find 4 days ago: FuRbRaT

As of today this was still their Profile Information:

"**Our Story....

We had an idea for a coin and had our first coin made. "Don't Tread On Me" Finding that we wanted to produce more, we got involved and made contacts of our own to make more coins and for other geocachers at a cheaper price. If you would like to get your idea made into a geocoin contact us. We can do any amount-large or small.

Our prices are lower than most and have high quality coins produced.

Check out our site and or contact us at www.SoCalGeocoins.com / SoCalGeocoins@aol.com"

Guess I'm just lucky I hadn't bought any coins from them lately.

jrr

Boy, that sucks! I cant contribute any info, but MAN all my dealings with them through pre-orders and sales in the past have been good.

I know others have had issues with them, but it seemed more personal rather than buisness and I cant even recall what it was about.

I know my pre-ordered coins came in on time and all purchases went smooth aswell...I havent bought any coins from them since the Geotoids, so maybe somethins up- Kinda screwy sellin on ebay and not gettin back to your already loyal customers of which have already intrusted you with their money.

Banned too? Hmmmm

Ya'd think there'd be a note on the web page or somethin! Maybe someone will be able to shed some light, but as discussed before- The minting problems only go so far- Id say its time to worry at least a tad.

I, too, am one of whom has been what appears to be "ripped off". I am also waiting for the "ScurvyDog Personal Geocoin " - anybody get theirs?

Nope that is another one we have not received either. This is just crazy. People paying for coins and never receiving them, wondering what they are all doing with peoples money?? This doesnt sound ethical at all.

Barry and Valarie of sweetlife

I think one of the main problems here, along with some others, is not protecting your money. A buyer may not know the quality of the seller, but they have no excuse for not knowing the Paypal policy:

Pre-sale items are advertised for sale before the seller has the items. Often, these items are sold before they are available to the general public. Or, the seller uses the funds from the sale to purchase the item that has already been sold.

PayPal permits pre-sales on a limited basis, only if the seller guarantees shipment within 20 days from the date of purchase and clearly identifies the item as a pre-sale. PayPal may apply additional conditions, such as proof of the seller's ability to successfully deliver the product: supplier information, purchase invoices, shipping information, or proof of delivery.

If people weren't afraid to not get their coins, sellers wouldn't take your money and run. At 21 days, you can report the seller to paypal for failure to follow set procedures and policies. This will LOCK their account, and as I'm sure some forum members will tell you, it GETS THEIR ATTENTION!

I would encourage anyone who is missing a PRE SALE coin, no matter what seller, to read and USE your rights as a Paypal customer. IF you paid for a coin in Feb., March, etc. you may not get your money back, but they won't be doing it to anyone in the future.

TMA

At 21 days, you can report the seller to paypal for failure to follow set procedures and policies. This will LOCK their account...

Not necessarily, Pete. Established vendors with no history of problems will not have their accounts locked unless a review determines they're abusive. It's innocent before proven guilty, man. C'mon, you'd very much appreciate this benefit of the doubt if someone that doesn't like you wanted you greatly inconvenienced.

I would encourage anyone who is missing a PRE SALE coin, no matter what seller, to read and USE your rights as a Paypal customer. IF you paid for a coin in Feb., March, etc. you may not get your money back, but they won't be doing it to anyone in the future.

TMA

Whoa Pete! Who piddled on your Cocoa Puffs this morning? :ph34r::rolleyes:

Hey I entirely agree with being aggressive towards a vendor for not sending what you paid for in a timely manner, but this thread has been about one particular vendor who apparently didn't "send" at all. Big difference. Let's be careful when encouraging people on this forum to bust out the torches and pitchforks towards all vendors.

Look, we know there are a lot of people who don't like pre-sales, but that's an individual's opinion. I don't think it's healthy to rabble-rouse the infantry when it's clearly a minority causing the problem. I'm sure some people who missed out on tsun's Dragonflies would have loved to see a pre-sale, but to each their own.

The bottom line is that everyone who's reading this thread should now be better informed when dealing with this particular vendor. This thread has served to point the cannons in the right direction.

Now, pass the shells.

Staff Sgt. Yime, assistant to Gunnery Sgt. Moop

I was also buying 2 unite for tank geocoin from sweetsweetgummy/socalgeocoins on ebay several months ago and have not seen them yet.

That is just so sad that you didn't get a coin sold for charity. I just hope that the money made it to where it was supposed to go.

I have heard of oothers who talked to paypal even after the 45 days were up. Paypal didn't refund the money but they put a watch or mark or something on the account to see if there were other complaints. It doesn't hurt to talk to paypal as they have been very helpful to me on the phone when I have had to talk to them

Also if you paid by credit card through paypal you could contact your credit card company to see what their policies are. With one of my credit cards I can file a claim 60 days after I was billed for it not the date the charge was made. That is quite a bit longer than the paypal policy. I was able to have my money refunded when I didn't receive the item even though paypal refused the claim.

Edited by LadyBee4T

It has been over a year since I was ripped off by socal for the "fire" coin that was supposed to come out in a series that I have never received. I am surprised that with that long of a history of scamming people that they are still in business.

Maybe their motto is "There is a new geocoin addict (sucker) born every minute". Might be that newbies are not getting the word about the reputable geocoin companies and only hearing the occasional bad egg stories after someone gets screwed.

I have accepted the loss of an occasional geocoin out in the wild but not before I get them to release.

I guess as long as TPTB gets paid for the tracking numbers, they will continue to sell those numbers to dishonest companies.

Yes, TPTB this can be a reflection on you.

If you sell a gun to a non criminal and they turn criminal and use it, that is on the person. If you keep selling guns to criminals and they use them, it is negligence on the company.

Rant over...see you next week.

Yes, TPTB this can be a reflection on you.

Please don't think that we don't take notice.

But also remember, that Groundspeak is not responsible for transactions with an outside company. Everyone enters into these transactions at their own risk, which is why PayPal and credit card companies offer some form of help when things like this happen.

Those choosing to participate in an exchange on this board take full responsibility for any consequences of that exchange. Groundspeak is in no way involved in the sale or trading of items on this board and will not be held responsible or liable in any way for quality issues, fraud or any default of transfer on the part of the buyer or seller.

<edit to add quote from the guidelines pinned at the top of these forums>

Edited by Eartha

This is in response to all who are concerned about getting their coins that were presale orders. We have been experiencing some financial difficulties the past few months due to health issues. All coins that were paid for will be shipped out by the end of the year. We are sorry for the incovenience it has caused everyone. We have not skipped town or left geocaching. Our SoCalgeocoins account has been temporarily disabled from responding to forum threads so we havent been in the forum.

Coins that we have in stock have been shipped out and we still have the orders for the Crystal Dragon, Mercury and Spiral Dragon coins.

Groundspeak has halted the sale of codes to us until we catch up on our payment. We are working hard to resolve this issue and again we are sorry for the long delay. We are going through are records for all coins that were presold, if you would like to confirm your order please send your list to our email address.

Again, we are sorry for the delay and inconvenience and will have those coins you paid for out to you by the end of the year if not sooner.

Please contact us at our email address for any questions. socalgeocoins@aol.com

SoCalGeocoins.

Where is the money that people gave you for the presale coins?

They went back into the mint of two coins that are sitting there waiting for the codes. EVERYONE will get their coin(s) they paid for. We will also try to make up for some of it by adding an additional coin to every order as soon as we get them.

Again, were sorry. We are NOT dishonest people, we have just had some bad luck and some misfortunes the past few months were trying to deal with. Unfortunately things happen and people were affected by it. We are trying to dig ourselves out of the hole. WE WILL have the coins to you all soon. :(

OK I'll be the bad guy and call it how I see it. I am sure someone else ill be along to jump on your poor me party wagon, but that's their choice.

It never ceases to amaze me how when someone gets in over their head the go to the good old well of a medical issue. I for one don't buy it. You were shady long before this. You guys have been doing shady stuff for a long long time.

One the of the worst things I have seen in these forums was when you decided to mint an event geocoin for and event without their permission, and stole the artwork to do it. Yeah not everyone forgets these things. I was one to speak up then and stand behind every word I said then. It made you mad hearing people's opinions, and apparently mine. I know this since you tried to start a fightt with me at GW this year while I was working at another vendor's table. I politely said hello and left you standing there wanting a fight that wasn't to be had. It wasn't the time or place for that. I didn't think my opinion of how you guys run a buisness could get any lower, but you managed to show me.

Obviously this is not a recent situation based on the people who have a lengthy list of coins they paid for months ago. A simple glance at your caching history shows you have found no less than 100 caches in August, 136 in July, 244 in June, and 525 in May. I don't think finding over 1,000 caches in the past 4 months is going to help your story of a serious enough medical problem to not meet the obligations to your customers. Maybe you better come up with a better story, or better yet, start refunding these poor people their money.

First of all, I never said anything to you at GW but "oh, you're pghlooking" Dont take our past difference and try to make them in this thread something theyre not! We had permission at first to make that coin then we halted the mint on it.

As far as geocaching in the last 4 months, you will see that we were with another cacher we have been caching with in HER car. Verify the logs for yourself. Except for this past weekend, which we went with relatives to Vegas for a bowling tournament. So think what you want. PGHLOOKING! I have told you truth, but I dont feel as if I have to air out all my personal problems in this forum to justify our finacial status.

We have apologized and are going to make good on ALL the purchases.

If you have a personal problem with me then you should take it up with me, on my page, not here.

We both know how the conversation went at GW, but whatever...

I am not the one airing my personal issues in the forum to defend my buisness. You choose to bring the two things together, not me. I would rather see you and everyone else keep their personal problems to themselves and allow the forums to be more about coins than that.

I don't want to rehash the old coin thread, but we both know you halted it because the event organizer never gave you permission. It was stated here in public for all to see.

I didn't say a word about who was driving, and don't really think that is the case anyhow. You are the one claiming that you can not fulfill these orders due to medical issues, but you seem to have the time and ability to run around caching for months on end.

The fact of the matter is you have an obligation to those who paid their hard earned money to you for a product. You have not delivered. Your actions make it very clear this is not your number one priority. Had it been so you would have been fulfilling these coin orders.

Coming in here AFTER being called out about it doesn't exactly come off as being sincere. You failed to respond to people when they asked for info off the boards. Now you want to say I am sorry and have everyone back off and leave you alone. Doesn't seem very fair to the people who are out their money.

I have to agree, getting the orders out should be priority one, not caching. Some of these orders have been around for a year or more?? A recent string of bad luck doesn't account for those orders.

I sympathize with anyone having hardships of any kind, but I would also hope that those facing the hardships would have the integrity to come forward and keep everyone in the loop as to what's going on! It sounds like communication hasn't been very good from your end?

I truly hope you're sincere when you say you're going to make everything right...

Coming in here AFTER being called out about it doesn't exactly come off as being sincere. You failed to respond to people when they asked for info off the boards. Now you want to say I am sorry and have everyone back off and leave you alone. Doesn't seem very fair to the people who are out their money.

We stopped coming into the forum because of people like you. PGHLOOKING. We did have permission to make that coin from an email.

Matt is disabled and has his own geocaching name although we log under mine. Who and when and how much I cache with or without Matt has nothing to do with anything. We didnt want to air our issues out but were asked from Groundspeak to clarify what was going on. That is the only reason why I posted something in here AFTER we so call got called out. We had no idea we were the topic of conversation. We havent been in the forum for MONTHS.

This is about coins and what is going on, we were asked to clarify what was going on with the coins. We have already answered that.

I feel as if you are tying to instigate yet another fight, I will not be responding any more to your comments, again if you feel the need to bash me in the forum, feel free to email me directly. If you purchased a coin from us then I will be happy to talk to you.

Thanks.

Nan

I truly hope you're sincere when you say you're going to make everything right...

Yes we do plan on making everything right. Matt was shut off from his medical treatment and financial status about 6 months ago. Thats when everything started to go bad. I work for a living but its barely enough. We are just a mom and pop trying to be able to make some nice coins with the money from the sales of our coins.

Can you clarify when what coins will be shipped from the mint and your expected time to ship these coins to the customers? I am assuming you are waiting on coins from the mint? Have you paid Groundspeak for the codes so the coins could be minted?

If you haven't started the minting process other than samples. Might I suggest you walk away from the coin and return the money. Yes I know you are invested in the samples and dies but that would be the right thing to do.

BTW, I think a little customer service might help. Saying the only resason you responded to the forum is becasue you were told to do so is not really good business. Ignor the customer and take their money, will have you out of business in short order if you are not already.

We stopped coming into the forum because of people like you. PGHLOOKING. We did have permission to make that coin from an email.

Matt is disabled and has his own geocaching name although we log under mine. Who and when and how much I cache with or without Matt has nothing to do with anything. We didnt want to air our issues out but were asked from Groundspeak to clarify what was going on. That is the only reason why I posted something in here AFTER we so call got called out. We had no idea we were the topic of conversation. We havent been in the forum for MONTHS.

This is about coins and what is going on, we were asked to clarify what was going on with the coins. We have already answered that.

I feel as if you are tying to instigate yet another fight, I will not be responding any more to your comments, again if you feel the need to bash me in the forum, feel free to email me directly. If you purchased a coin from us then I will be happy to talk to you.

Thanks.

Nan

Stop trying to make pghlooking into the bad guy. He has never taken money for multiple coins and then not delivered them. That was your company.

I trust that you had the best intentions when offering these coins, but the sad fact is that you have taken in alot of money from people, and not delivered the product. Don't expect anybody to be happy about.

I wish you the best of luck getting back on your feet.

I just received an email from Marc at SoCalGeocoins asking if I had any questions about my order. I think the word has gotten through to him - now we will see what he says.

Was that Marc at SoCalGeocoins or Marc at CoinTracking.

Until 2 days ago, they had two coin editions that were still for sale there. I see Marc has put a pause on those sales.

Where is the money that people gave you for the presale coins?

They went back into the mint of two coins that are sitting there waiting for the codes. EVERYONE will get their coin(s) they paid for. We will also try to make up for some of it by adding an additional coin to every order as soon as we get them.

Again, were sorry. We are NOT dishonest people, we have just had some bad luck and some misfortunes the past few months were trying to deal with. Unfortunately things happen and people were affected by it. We are trying to dig ourselves out of the hole. WE WILL have the coins to you all soon. :ph34r:

Ok so I guess I don't get it. People (us, coin folks, etc.) paid you for coins (minted pieces of metal, icons, codes, etc). That money just vanished? I mean, I guess I didn't read where Andrea's question was answered. If the mint has all our money, then money for codes was there too? Maybe I just suck at paying attention :blink:

TMA